Windows 10: Issues when trying to update windows 10 basic installation windows 7

Discus and support Issues when trying to update windows 10 basic installation windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I currently face the following issues when trying to upgrade windows 10 basic installation is windows 7: The update is stuck on "Getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NCh7, Feb 27, 2021.

1. NCh7 Win User

Issues when trying to update windows 10 basic installation windows 7

Hello,

I currently face the following issues when trying to upgrade windows 10 basic installation is windows 7:

The update is stuck on "Getting Things Ready - 96%"

Issues when trying to update windows 10 basic installation windows 7 19059c93-9dc0-4372-8521-1bf3d18aeb83?upload=true.png

Additionally, I cannot open CMD as an administrator in order to try to install updates.

Finally, I cannot perform a right-click in order open context mode. The system hangs!

Would it be possible for someone to help me with such issues?

Should I perform a clean install of my windows 10 using my windows 7 key ?

Thank you.

:)

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Mark7805 Win User

Issue with Windows 7 installing

On the second step of installing Windows 7 it just locks up and won't continue with installation. I talked to my friend in town (Urbklr on Techpowerup) and he believes it's my chipset. I can't get a hold of him to find out how I could update my bios and such.

Mark7805, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Issues when trying to update windows 10 basic installation windows 7 - Similar Threads - Issues trying update

2. Error 8024200D when trying to install Windows 7 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 8024200D when trying to install Windows 7 update: I have been trying to install one update, KB4534310. This one update has been refusing to install for multiple days now. I have tried installing manually, using DISM to install it, among other fixes. Any help would be appreciated!...
  3. Error 8024200D when trying to install Windows 7 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 8024200D when trying to install Windows 7 update: I have been trying to install one update, KB4534310. This one update has been refusing to install for multiple days now. I have tried installing manually, using DISM to install it, among other fixes. Any help would be appreciated!...
  4. Windows 10 Install Issue on windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Issue on windows 7: Trying to update a windows 7 machine to 10. I have tried sfc scans check disk, dism doesn't work on windows 7, tried restarting tried doing different, options keep files, get rid of all files and etc but to no avail. It gets to 73% then shows a Windows 10 installation has...
  5. Windows 10 Install Issue on windows 7

Windows 10 Install Issue on windows 7: Trying to update a windows 7 machine to 10. I have tried sfc scans check disk, dism doesn't work on windows 7, tried restarting tried doing different, options keep files, get rid of all files and etc but to no avail. It gets to 73% then shows a Windows 10 installation has...
  6. Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10: I have a license version of windows 7 Home basic edition installed in my Sony laptop.I want to upgrade to windows 10..Laptop configuration is core i5.Can i use the same product key for the upgrade.What are the steps to be followed....
  7. Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10

Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10: I have a license version of windows 7 Home basic edition installed in my Sony laptop.I want to upgrade to windows 10..Laptop configuration is core i5.Can i use the same product key for the upgrade.What are the steps to be followed....
  8. Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?: I was rapidly pressing f11 on cmd. I noticed that there's a basic Windows 7 themes triggered not long before the cmd became full screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-theres-a-basic-windows-7-theme-on-windows-10/7cd7abab-afd8-4082-9445-a4823a40e5e0
  9. Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?

Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?: I was rapidly pressing f11 on cmd. I noticed that there's a basic Windows 7 themes triggered not long before the cmd became full screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-theres-a-basic-windows-7-theme-on-windows-10/7cd7abab-afd8-4082-9445-a4823a40e5e0
  10. Is there's a basic Windows 7 theme on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization