Windows 10: Issues while accessing PC over network

Discus and support Issues while accessing PC over network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 5 pc's on my network. Only 1 of them can't share. When I try to access that pc from any of the other 4 pc's I get a message. windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CoolJeep-43, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Issues while accessing PC over network

I have 5 pc's on my network. Only 1 of them can't share. When I try to access that pc from any of the other 4 pc's I get a message.

windows cannot access \\XXXXX

you do not have permission to access \\XXXXX

contact your local network admin to request access

However, the pc that can't share, can access all of the other pc's

***Original title: File Sharing with Windows 10 Pro and Home mixed 5 PC's***

:)

CoolJeep-43, Feb 21, 2020

2. Issues while accessing PC over the network

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the PC’s over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you connected both the laptops to the same network through which the PC is connected?
    2. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC’s?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try connecting the PC to the main router and see if you are able to access the laptops.

If you are able to access the laptops, then we need to configure the network settings once again. You can refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

4. Issues while accessing PC over network

Issues while accessing PC's over network

Hi,

I understand your concern related to not being able to access other PC on the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows are you using on all the PC’s?
    2. Were you able to access the PC’s over the network previously?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the suggestions by
    Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

In addition, make sure the permissions provided to the shared folder allows access to the folder, so that other PC can see and access the files. Refer the article

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Thema:

Issues while accessing PC over network

1. Issues while accessing PC over network - Similar Threads - Issues while accessing

2. Access error to Drive over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access error to Drive over network: Hello, I have a small home network and after updating one Pc to the latest iteration of Windows10 it now has a problem accessing drives on my PC used as a Store and Print server. This pc has multiple external and internal drives and all that have been shared in the past...
  3. Cannot access files over network

Cannot access files over network: Our small network has computers running windows 7 pro and one laptop running windows 10 home. Until recently there wasn't an issue, now the laptop cant see the files on the other machines. Everything is visible until I try to access the files themselves. Meaning drives,...
  4. Issues while accessing PC's over network

Issues while accessing PC's over network: running a home network using a router/modem from cable co I've done all of the changes & settings in all post. running 3 computers with desktop I can see the computer hooked up to the router per ethernet & can access system & drive but when I try to connect the other...
  5. Accessing PC's on network

Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  6. Issues while sharing external drive over the network

Issues while sharing external drive over the network: Good day Please help. I have 2 external hard drives connected to one PC, I am using 2 PC's. I am trying to share folders between PC's. Trouble is, the one ext hard drive I got shared as a whole - i.e. the hard drive d is fully shared, all content visible and accessible...
  7. Issues while accessing PC over the network

Issues while accessing PC over the network: I just had Comcast install their home security system, including 2 cameras. Prior to that my system looked like this: An ethernet cable connected from desktop to the modem/router. My Ethernet connection was called ‘network 3’. My wifi was working perfectly: both laptops...
  8. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  9. Issues while accessing files over network on domain environment

Issues while accessing files over network on domain environment: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks ***Original title: Unable to...
  10. Permission issues to access files shared over a network

Permission issues to access files shared over a network: From computer B, I don't have permission to access a path on computer A. However certain folders on computer A show up on computer B and are accessible. On computer A the folder has been set to share. Kaspersky on computer A has been temporarily disabled. Why are some...