Windows 10: Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator

Discus and support Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Anytime I try to open my Task Manager or Regedit I get a notification which says it has been disabled by the administrator. I use Windows 10 Home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raphael-321, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator

Anytime I try to open my Task Manager or Regedit I get a notification which says it has been disabled by the administrator.

I use Windows 10 Home. Please can anyone help me?

***Original title: Problem With Task Manager And Regedit***

:)

Raphael-321, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

"Access is Denied" in task manager

Hi Joshua,

The error message that you're getting may occur due to the restriction for a certain system file or folder. To get the full access on your device, open
    Command Prompt (Admin) and signed in with your username and password and check if you'll still see the "Access is Denied" message.

The Windows Defender is the default antivirus of Windows 10. You can open
    Settings
    > Update and Security > Windows Defender > toggle off
    Real-time Protection. If you want to permanently disable it, follow these steps:

• Tap on the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
    • Type regedit.exe and hit Enter.
    • Confirm the UAC prompt to continue.
    • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
    • If you see the preference DisableAntiSpyware on the right, double-click on it and set it to 1 to disable Windows Defender.
    • If the preference does not exist, right-click on Windows Defender and select
      New > Dword (32-bit) Value, and name it DisableAntiSpyware.

To restore Windows Defender at a later point in time, delete the key or set its value to 0.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. Click
    here for assistance.

You can disable the startup programs using the Task Manager. Here's how:

• Right-click on an empty area on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • When Task Manager comes up, click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup.
    • Right-click the program and select Disable.

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Alex_Shaw Win User
    Windows 10 "regedit and task manager both disabled by administrator"

Hello to anyone reading this. I need your help. I own an original version of Windows 10 Home. I can't seem to access my task manager or registry editor though. I've tried it all from the gpedit.msc function to activating the hidden administrator account
    and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions as to why and how can i fix it?

Alex_Shaw, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator

task manager access is denied

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for your reply with the current status of the issue.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on Properties.

5. Click on Security tab and click on Edit.

6. Then give full permission to the Administrator.

Step 2: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on End Task.

Also I suggest you to check the status of the account.

1. Type "Settings" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu
    and click on it.

2. Click on Accounts.

4. Check if the account is Administrator.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator

1. Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator - Similar Threads - Issues while accessing

2. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  3. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  4. Task manager is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task manager is disabled: Alright so basically, task manager isn't working and I've gone to gpedit, registry editor, etc, and I've done exactly what my browser has told me to do, and the problem is, I think they literally got rid of my access to these things, and this is really problematic, so I need...
  5. Task Manager disabled by Administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager disabled by Administrator: Hey guys, I need help about Task Manager, my task manager keep disabled by administrator everytime i restart my laptop, i always need to use a command prompt to fix it temporaly, can anyone help me how to fix it for good? This is the command prompt i used everytime i...
  6. Windows 10: Administrator User has Task Manager and Registry Editor disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Administrator User has Task Manager and Registry Editor disabled: Good afternoon! I cannot open task manager and registry editor, every time I try it says "[Application] has been disabled by your administrator". I tried searching for ways such as editing the Group Policy, in which I didn't have, so I ended up searching for a way to enable...
  7. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup: A few days back a popup began to appear on startup with Registry Editor asking admin access I accepted then I realised my Task Manager has been disabled. I enabled it from regedit and restarted same popup appears and if I click yes Task Manager is disable and remains enabled...
  8. How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.: Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t. I i’ve scanned my pc with MBAM and windows defender but nothing’s coming up, cleaned any bad or invalid registery and that’s not solved. Also...
  9. Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator: My Task Manager is not working .. I tried to open task manager in my other local account it is started working but it is not working in my Microsoft administrator account. What should i do?...
  10. Administrator Access for Registry Edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Access for Registry Edit: I need to make two registry edits to change my 3G/4G connection to non-metered (since I get unlimited data and hate the Outlook 2016 metered connection warning). When I tried to make the registry edit, it said I needed administrative privileges. My account is an...