Windows 10: Issues while connecting to WIFI asking to enter password

Discus and support Issues while connecting to WIFI asking to enter password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i try to connect to my network, it says it is connecting but it changes to no bars(it is full bars when i try to connect), and when i put in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jinm1, Aug 13, 2019.

1. jinm1 Win User

Issues while connecting to WIFI asking to enter password

when i try to connect to my network, it says it is connecting but it changes to no bars(it is full bars when i try to connect), and when i put in the key it just says its connecting, then asks me to put it in again. I have a hidden network which my phone and other devices in the household can connect to, but i cannot connect to it. It only has 1 bar, but in other devies its working fine with full bars

***Original title:Windows network not connecting when it says its connecting (windows 10)***

:)

jinm1, Aug 13, 2019

2. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

I've finally figured out what happened, but the problem is only temporarily solved.

I had changed my wifi password. And the phone won't connect with the new password. If I change the wifi password back to the old one it connects.

So it's definitely a phone issue.
    I wish I could change my wifi password and have my phone working..

Black Panther, Aug 13, 2019
  3. savage Win User
    no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

Hi all. Not too good with computer issues, but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard. lol

Husband updated his laptop to Windows 10 several months ago. So far it's been good, and he likes it...that is until this morning. He opens the laptop...no internet connection. It shows our wifi network, but won't connect. He enters his password...says he needs to enter password for that device. Enter password from before Windows 10...no good. Enter password for micorstoft...no good.

Using my laptop (Windows 7) to find fix. Suggestions I've tried: Troublshoot network connection by right clicking. Right Click won't work...nothing happens. Maybe keyboard language is wrong...no settings button available to look at keyboard properties. Try connecting directly to router...won't make connection. We've rebooted the computer a couple of times, to no avail.

Our phones are connected, my laptop is connected, our chromecast is connected, so we know it's not the router. There is something up with his laptop.

Playing ring around the rosey is not the best way to spend a Sunday morning. no internet connection = no ability to enter password = not able to troubleshoot internet connection = no internet connection = no ability to enter password.

savage, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Issues while connecting to WIFI asking to enter password

How/where do I enter WiFi password to join company WiFi?

I have my laptop at work and have had no trouble connecting the company WiFi (they have Guest WiFi and a WiFi where you need to enter your company provided Username and Password). I have been connecting using my Username and password.
    Today I had to change my company login password. Now when I try to connect my laptop I get a "can't connect" message because the password saved in my laptop is no longer valid. But I can't find a place in Win10 to enter my new password.

I remember the first time I logged onto the company WiFi a Windows popup came up asking for my Username and Password (which was saved so I didn't need to enter it again - until now). This time not getting the popup - it just says "can't connect".

CountryBumkin, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Issues while connecting to WIFI asking to enter password

1. Issues while connecting to WIFI asking to enter password - Similar Threads - Issues while connecting

2. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  3. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  4. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  5. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  6. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  7. Entering WiFi Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entering WiFi Password: I just got a new router. But I can't find where to enter the password! I have gone into Settings/Network & Internet but the list on the left is Status, Ethernet, Dial-Up, VPN & Proxy. No mention of WiFi. I have gone to 'Show available Networks' and it goes to Status,...
  8. PC keeps asking for wifi password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC keeps asking for wifi password: In the last few days my PC constantly asks me to re-enter my wifi password attached to my extender. This only happens on the PC and not other devices and hasn't been a problem before. What has changed? It won't connect automatically unless I re-enter the password....
  9. I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am being asked to enter “power-on password”: Greetings! I am in need of help! I bought a HP All-In-One Desktop from WalMart a year ago and I barely use this computer. I turned it on recently and it is asking me to enter a “power-on password”, mind you, the only password I ever created was the one for my profile. Can...
  10. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....