Windows 10: Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app

Discus and support Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! So I have been working on a video and when I exported it, after a few minutes of exporting, a notification says couldn,t export video please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeneTeng, Dec 10, 2019.

1. GeneTeng Win User

Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app

Hi! So I have been working on a video and when I exported it, after a few minutes of exporting, a notification says couldn,t export video please restart the photos app and try again. It is really pissing me off as i already restarted the app but it still says the same thing. Also i decided to try deleting some things but it said couldn,t delete as I did not on permission or another app is using it. Can help me fix it? Thank you

Gene

***Original title: I cannot export my video on the microsoft editor.***

:)

GeneTeng, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: 0x80070020 The file is in use while exporting a video from Photos app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the issue that you are facing while exporting a video. We will need the following information from you to help you further:

• What happens when you try to save the file with a different name?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

As per the description in the screenshot, firstly, I would suggest you to close all other instances of Photos app and then try exporting the video.

If that doesn’t help follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Using a different file name

You can try using a different file name and see if that makes a difference.

Method 2: Saving in a different location

I suggest you to try exporting the file in a different location and see if you are able to export it.

Method 3: Creating a new video

If the issue persists, you can try creating the video from scratch and check if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app

Windows 10 Photo App video export/share problems

When trying to export/share video on the Photo App the resulting video is rubbish to say the least. Before sharing/exporting it seems fine.

I am running the latest Windows 10 and Photo App:

I am not using 3rd party apps

The video is created and exported in the Photo App

I have applied all the troubleshooting steps. Just to pre-empt garbage responses the ISSUE is microsoft specific - not thrid party app, not a hardware issue.

Now please offer a resolution

NaeemRazzaq, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app

1. Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app - Similar Threads - Issues while exporting

2. Microsoft photos not exporting videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos not exporting videos: For a period of time I have exported videos using Microsoft photos. For some reason which has not been noted any any messages as far as information on my side has said anything is wrong with the program. I have tried the 2 options that come with the settings of the program as...
  3. Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App

Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App: Hi, I have created a customised video in Windows 10 Photos App's video editor section. After having created that video, whenever I am trying to export the video it is giving me an error for insufficient memory with an error code 0X8007000E , 2-3 hours after I have kept it...
  4. Photos App not exporting video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App not exporting video: I have a video project made using the photos app that is 25 minutes long using some average sized photos and mp4 short video clips. I used some audio from itunes and some motion effects. When trying to "Finish video" and export to a file on my laptop it shows that it is...
  5. Error: 0x80070020 The file is in use while exporting a video from Photos app

Error: 0x80070020 The file is in use while exporting a video from Photos app: I am trying to export a 30 second long video and have continuously gotten this message: [ATTACH] No matter what I try, I cannot seem to find a solution to this. Help? ***Modified title from: Video Editor - File is in Use***...
  6. Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Video using Microsoft Photo app -: Hi - I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title cards in the video with text on those title cards, and for various duration. Upon playing the video within the app (to see...
  7. microsoft photos exporting issues

microsoft photos exporting issues: Hi, ive just spent about 5 hours doing a video on photos and now every time i try to export it it loads for about a second and then just comes up with "we've saved your video here" and its a completely unreadable video that doesnt play and no matter what size i try and save...
  8. photos video export

photos video export: Where does MS photos for Win 10 export a video to? I can't find a created video anywhere on my computer or in OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-video-export/6214cea3-c489-49bf-98ad-1aa5a367a031
  9. Unable to export videos using Photos application

Unable to export videos using Photos application: I need help!! Been using the windows photo app to make video projects, I've been trying to export the video projects but only less than a minute is exported!! The video I'm trying to export at the moment is 6 minutes. I tried exporting through large, medium, and small but I...
  10. Photos app not exporting/sharing video.

Photos app not exporting/sharing video.: Hi, I've made a video using about 100 images in the Photos app and the export/share button doesn't seem to want to work. I'll click on it and the three size options will appear, and selecting any one of them will cause a box that says "Export or Share: Create Video," to...