Windows 10: Issues while finding user account on PC

Discus and support Issues while finding user account on PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello recently i found that my main user account was missing, i've been trying my best to get access to it but to no avail (the highlighted user is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by E.D.D.E, Nov 20, 2019.

1. E.D.D.E Win User

Issues while finding user account on PC

Hello
    recently i found that my main user account was missing, i've been trying my best to get access to it but to no avail
    (the highlighted user is the one I'm trying to get back on was originally called "bat")

Issues while finding user account on PC 4ab43dcf-7817-4e50-86f1-6997c834da6d?upload=true.png
    the list of users, 14025 (bat) is nowhere to be seen Issues while finding user account on PC 45781bd3-3c30-4fae-9e77-1a01e0ffe334?upload=true.png
    is there any way to restore my account?

***Original title: Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files***

:)

E.D.D.E, Nov 20, 2019

2. User accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to find the other users in accounts option?
    To test the issue I suggest you to create a new user account and restart the computer and check whether you can find other new user account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Issues while finding user account on PC

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Issues while finding user account on PC

1. Issues while finding user account on PC - Similar Threads - Issues while finding

2. Can't find my user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't find my user account: Where is my user account?c:\Users \Default \Public \UserShoukdn't I have a folder named kberg or something like that?I tried to create a new user but it goes into a perpetual loop of adding me then asking if I want to be added....
  3. new user account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    new user account issues: hi there: I created a new user account because my old one was corrupted. Two issues. 1 I switched from local account to my MS account. Issue is, the background color, like having folders in the dark mode, etc. did not sync or carry over. What is happening there? 2 Why...
  4. User Account Control issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control issue: I used to be asked to authenticate(by password, PIN or Windows Hello) an action requiring admin rights eventhough I was logged in with administrator account but after some change to registry, I am not being asked to authenticate such admin level actions like installing a new...
  5. This PC and User Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This PC and User Account: Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me. I'm signed into a Microsoft account. In file explorer there is a User Account with my name and This PC. Under my user name are the following folders: [ATTACH] Under this PC are the following folders: Desktop...
  6. Permissions issue with a User account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions issue with a User account: I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin...
  7. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...
  8. User account and family issues

User account and family issues: This is happening loads on my new laptop. Family settings down and Cortana summary screen just spinning. Is this an MS side issue as the machine is doing this more often than not. Sometimes everything is fine but I just don't understand it really. Yesterday evening everything...
  9. User Account Issue

User Account Issue: Hello, I have lost the use of my user account, i cannot delete, change anything on my laptop, the user account window appears and in the past i had an option to use either YES or NO i only get NO and have to log in as administrator i do not see where to do this, i may have...
  10. Cannot access or find user account

Cannot access or find user account: I'm currently on the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10 Pro. I've experienced a weird issue for at least past 2-3 Preview versions. Firstly, when I try to log in with pin code, I get something like 'object info not found'. When I try go via Settings or System Panel...