Windows 10: Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app

Discus and support Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have previously imported photos from my phone with no issue, and decided it was about time that that I imported some again. Last night I connected my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sean Mcgrath_), Aug 28, 2019.

1. Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app

I have previously imported photos from my phone with no issue, and decided it was about time that that I imported some again. Last night I connected my phone, opened the photos app and began to import the images. I left it to do it's thing and I returned to this message. The strange thing was that over 2/3's of my photos were imported. The ones that weren't were dotted around in the middle, the earliest date and the latest dates imported just fine. Since then I have tried multiple times to import these photos but to no avail. I have checked the security settings and even tried to reset the app. What do I do now? there is no reason for any files to be corrupted? any suggestions?

***Original title: 'Something went wrong' Importing from iPhone***

:)

Sean Mcgrath_), Aug 28, 2019
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. importing photos from iphone 5 to windows 10

Hi Diana,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How are you trying to import photos from I phone
      to windows
    Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Connect your iPhone to your PC using the connection cable provided by Apple. Check your iPhone screen now. You might see a notification with Trust option. Tap Trust option to continue. The moment Windows recognizes your iPhone,
    you will see a notification on the screen asking Tap to choose what happens with this device.

Click or tap the notification to see three options: Import photos and videos, Open device to view files, and Take no action. Click or tap
    Import photos and videos option. This action will open all photos on your iPhone in Windows 10’s Photos app.

Select photos and videos that you wish to import and then click or tap
    Import button to start copying all photos from your iPhone to PC. Once Photos app completes the transfer, you’ll see an option to open up the folder to view imported photos. You can also close Photos app if you would like to view photos later.
    If issue persist, kindly try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Connect the iPhone to Windows 10
      computer
    • Close the prompted window.
    • Press Windows + E key on the keyboard (it will show the phone as drive)
    • Now you can copy and paste the pictures & videos into your Windows drive.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Audrey_98 Win User

Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app

Photo import from Iphone not working

I am trying to import photos from my iphone into photos but when i try my computer recognizes my phone is connected but then when i select it and press import it says "something went wrong" and tells me to try again and the cycle repeats. Any suggestions?

Audrey_98, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app

1. Issues while importing photos from iPhone using Photos app - Similar Threads - Issues while importing

2. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  3. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  4. Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App

Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App: Has anyone found a solution to Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App please? I've read various threads and hundreds of people have posted the same problem with neither MS or Apple accepting responsibility or offering a solution. All...
  5. importing photos from iphone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    importing photos from iphone: How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-iphone/646153ff-8737-42bf-a7c8-ee7d9632b454"
  6. Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone: I cannot import pictures because when I click on Import, it informs that "something went wrong" . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-pictures-using-photo-app-from/827bfa21-ce3f-40a7-8066-b424b7ade852"
  7. Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone

Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone: Hello, I'm trying to import my photos from Iphone X. Actually, I'm using Photos app, that Microsoft provided. Actually, I have 2 possible scenarios: 1. The application stop (is not responding) after initialization of 2000 photos 2. The application can initialize 2100...
  8. Import IPhone photos

Import IPhone photos: Photo app will not import photos from my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-iphone-photos/b6bdda57-75d5-4fa4-86dc-f9bd39c200d9
  9. Import photos from iPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import photos from iPhone: Can I specify a folder on my PC (Using Windows 10 Photos) to which photos must be imported from say an iPhone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-photos-from-iphone/a111df94-64f6-4273-a9f4-53e765ba4187"
  10. photo import from iphone.

photo import from iphone.: windows 10 import function does not recognize all my pictures for import https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-import-from-iphone/6553a065-9f62-4ac3-8d97-9671b42df5bf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong while importing photos

2. iphone photos and something went wrong your files might not have been imported

3. iphone something went wrong

4. pc says something went wrong when importing photos,
  5. something went wrong message when downloading to photos,
  6. issue with windows photos app not importing iphone photos