Windows 10: Issues while installing Windows updates

Discus and support Issues while installing Windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there, i've received two updates today, but after downloading the updates and restarting the computer i got a message, we couldn't complete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bilal.CHOUIYEKH, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Issues while installing Windows updates

hi there,

i've received two updates today, but after downloading the updates and restarting the computer i got a message,

we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes
    thanks to help me to find a solution to install those updates.

***Original title: problem to install updates***

:)

Bilal.CHOUIYEKH, Jan 16, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Issues while installing Windows updates

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Issues while installing Windows updates

1. Issues while installing Windows updates - Similar Threads - Issues while installing

2. Issue with Windows Update Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Update Installation: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is PII Removed>, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed to install, and I...
  3. AMD Ryzen issue while updating windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Ryzen issue while updating windows: I am unable to update my windows due to the AMD Ryzen issue.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-ryzen-issue-while-updating-windows/a54c0cf3-a819-4831-9c55-7a71fdcbdb0c
  4. issue while updating windows 10

issue while updating windows 10: I am having an issue while updating the windows 10 new update. It is saying that you have to uninstall virtual box as it isnt compatible with the new update but the virtual box software isnt in my device. I searched in start , control panel and in apps and features to..but i...
  5. issue while installing KB5001567

issue while installing KB5001567: i keep ending up on we couldn't complete the updates screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-while-installing-kb5001567/ff5d478e-8d29-4825-8ce4-9ee2984a9fb5
  6. Issue while installing graphic's drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue while installing graphic's drivers: Hello, I have my laptop with Windows 10 installed and with AMD RADEON TM VEGA 8 graphics, and i am unable to install the drivers of the same. I tried to install the drivers from AMD official site but couldn't find the graphic card mentioned above. also i tried to download...
  7. Issues while installing updates on the PC

Issues while installing updates on the PC: I've tried to download updates 2 x's and it both times it stops at 91%. The second time I left it on for over 12 hrs. and it never moved. What do you suggest? ***Original title: Updates***...
  8. Issues while installing updates due to low storage space

Issues while installing updates due to low storage space: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100S, which has been in use for around three years. It has 32 GB of storage. For over three months, I have been trying to clear sufficient space on the hard disk, in order to allow the device to update to Windows version 1903. The version my device is...
  9. Issue while updating Windows 10

Issue while updating Windows 10: Hello there, I am using Windows 10 64 Bit and its already activated with genuine licence. I am trying to update it with latest security updates via Windows update but this is showing error . I also have tried running troubleshooter but still not able to update windows....
  10. ACCESS_DENIED while installing windows updates.

ACCESS_DENIED while installing windows updates.: I'm unable to update my Windows 10 1809 (17763.107) Stuff I tried: Simple inbuilt Windows update. MSU installation Expanding the MSU, and using DISM to install the CAB (not the WUSSCAN.cab). The logs gave me the HRRESULT as ACCESS_DENIED. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online...