Windows 10: Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

Discus and support Issues while logging in to PC after changing password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by UmthillionVerano, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode. So i did flag r and msconfig. Set the bootup to custom and it came up asking for the password.

10 hours later i reset the outlook email. Now online i can see the laptop so something worked. Just trying to get back to using it. New password wont work. Tried support they said wipe the disk and reinstall windows? Not a chance in ****.

I said why wont it login with new password? Said give it time and reboot often and maybe it will update, but isnt there a more deterministic way. Maybe midnite the bell will sound and the curse lifted? All options in f11 recovery need password. I make hard passwords then forget them if not used alot, any ideas? Thanks

***Original title: Where did PIN login go? How to sync password from online to local***

:)

UmthillionVerano, Nov 20, 2019

2. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Problem when changing PC password

Hi Riaz,

This issue may be related to an incomplete or unsaved changes made on your account. This may also happen if you changed or reset your password for Outlook or Hotmail account but forgotten to make the change on your PC.

For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried changing the password again after logging in using the old password?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For the meantime, try creating a new user and see if the issue will persists. You can also check if the issue will also happen in Safe Mode.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

1. Issues while logging in to PC after changing password - Similar Threads - Issues while logging

2. Can't log in after password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  3. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after password change.: I recently changed my password for my Microsoft account through my phone. The new password took and everything seemed fine however I can now no longer login to my pc. It has my current Microsoft picture but it will not accept the new password....
  4. Can't log in after password change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  6. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  7. Recent password change, can't log on my PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent password change, can't log on my PC.: So, recently i change my Microsoft's account password and I can't log in.When I try to use PIN to log in it shows this massage:Your password has been change on another device. You have to log in to this pc using your new password. Something like that. I can log in into...
  8. Log in Password issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Password issue.: My HP Pavilon lap top computer with Windows 10, after doing a update, is asking for a password to log in. I never had a password on this computer, so I’m locked out. Please help....
  9. Issues while logging in my pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues while logging in my pc: I just got a new laptop and i added a local account to it then i added Microsoft id to that account.Now whenever i switch on my laptop it shows me 2 account although i only have 1 and the local account doesn't get logged in but the microsoft account gets logged in...
  10. Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available: I have a desktop, where I use picturepassword for login. The picture does not appear any longer, and I have forgotten the original password, so I have no longer access to the computer. Do I need to restore the computer, or are there other options? ***Original title: Cannot...