Windows 10: Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available

Discus and support Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a desktop, where I use picturepassword for login. The picture does not appear any longer, and I have forgotten the original password, so I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeppe_Denmark, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available

I have a desktop, where I use picturepassword for login. The picture does not appear any longer, and I have forgotten the original password, so I have no longer access to the computer. Do I need to restore the computer, or are there other options?

***Original title: Cannot logon with Picturepassword***

:)

Jeppe_Denmark, Dec 10, 2019

2. Picture password not available

Hi,

There are a few reason why you are experiencing an issue with logging into your device using a Picture Password. For us to provide better assistance, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which version, build and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • Can you tell us what changes have you made on your computer before this issue happen?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting when you're trying to use the text password?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It will also be helpful to us if you could provide us a screenshot of your login screen. Make sure to remove any personal information before posting the screenshot, this is so you could protect your privacy.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Macco26 Win User
    Serious issue accessing as multi accounts all having Picture password

I've rolled back to Win 8.1 because for this (and because for other things, like the Store stopped opening suddenly; and no WSRESET, nor any Powershell re-registering or MS-fix got it back working).

To whom that may agree that Picture Password login needs at least the same love the password login has, I've opened a uservoice suggestion.
    Here for voting

Hope TH2 will bring some enhancement to the table. I can't really understand how MS hopes break the market with multi-account capable tablets (not having a keyboard) and having such a issue for their simple yet innovative Picture log ins.

Macco26, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available

1. Issues while logging to PC, as no picture password is available - Similar Threads - Issues while logging

2. Picture Password Login not available after 23H2 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Password Login not available after 23H2 upgrade.: Hello,We recently upgraded all our domain users to 23H2 build of Windows 11, and now the picture password is no longer available.Through inTune we have the "Turn off picture password sign-in" set to "disabled".In the registry, the BlockPicturePassword exists with a value of...
  3. Picture password won't let me log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Picture password won't let me log in: I recently owned a few different laptops Lenovo Yoga L13, Lenovo Yoga 9i, etc., with which I always used the Picture password option with no issues.I just got a Dell 7420, and I can set up the Picture password just fine, however when I go to log in, it doesn't do anything. It...
  4. Log in Password issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Password issue.: My HP Pavilon lap top computer with Windows 10, after doing a update, is asking for a password to log in. I never had a password on this computer, so I’m locked out. Please help....
  5. Issues while logging in my pc

Issues while logging in my pc: I just got a new laptop and i added a local account to it then i added Microsoft id to that account.Now whenever i switch on my laptop it shows me 2 account although i only have 1 and the local account doesn't get logged in but the microsoft account gets logged in...
  6. Windows 10 Picture Password No Longer Available

Windows 10 Picture Password No Longer Available: After joining the Windows Insider Program, I updated Windows and the Picture Password option is no longer shown. This is by far the best option to sign in when in tablet mode, and I would love to get it back. I can provide build details if needed. [ATTACH]...
  7. PC reboots while gaming - no BSOD nor logs available

in Windows 10 Support
    PC reboots while gaming - no BSOD nor logs available: Hello, I've finally decided to ask for help cause for the love of god I can't get out of it, been spending way too much time reading possible solutions but nothing has worked until now. It's been happening on and off the past couple of years that my PC decides to randomly...
  8. Issues while logging in to PC after changing password

Issues while logging in to PC after changing password: had this laptop 4 years always used pin to login so i forgot password. Now it has problems being slow so i wanted to uninstall items from safe mode. So i did flag r and msconfig. Set the bootup to custom and it came up asking for the password. 10 hours later i reset the...
  9. Cannot log into windows using picture password

Cannot log into windows using picture password: Hi. I have been using Windows 10's Picture Password for more than a year now. Sometime in the 3rd week of December of 2018 this option is no longer showing, and cannot log into Windows and all of my files. I am not sure if this somehow related to to True Key, but the True...
  10. Picture password not showing, can't log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Picture password not showing, can't log in.: First time posting, long time reader. Long story short, I clean-installed W10 on my aunt's laptop about a year ago. Two weeks ago her daughter borrowed the computer and after that she could no longer log in, because the picture password option disappeared, and she doesn't...