Windows 10: Issues while opening programs and media keys not always working, so I have to restart...

Discus and support Issues while opening programs and media keys not always working, so I have to restart... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes, opening certain apps like file explorer or the start menu wouldn't work until I'll restart explorer.exe. Same thing with the media buttons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marinel Cipu, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Issues while opening programs and media keys not always working, so I have to restart...

Sometimes, opening certain apps like file explorer or the start menu wouldn't work until I'll restart explorer.exe. Same thing with the media buttons. I often use spotify and my keyboard has 3 media buttons which I often use to skip/pause/resume music, but that wouldn't work either, unless the same thing will be done restarting explorer.exe. Why is it happening? My windows is up to date and sfc didn't find anything corrupt.

:)

Marinel Cipu, Mar 3, 2021

2. Is windows media player not supported by windows 10 to make it working?

Hello Hailu,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Media player. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Media player settings and Windows Media player library
    If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2:

If Windows Media Player troubleshooter did not help, then reinstalling it from Windows Features and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps for the same:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
        Programs and Features.

• Click on ‘Turn Windows Features On or off’ on the left pane.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck ‘Windows Media Player’. Click on
        ‘Yes’ to continue.

• Click ‘ok’ to finish. Restart the computer.

• To enable Windows Media Player; open
        ‘Turn Windows Features On or off’ and check ‘Windows Media Player’ from the list under Media Features.

• Click ‘Yes’ and restart the computer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Opening photos and VLC media not working

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

We suggest you to install all the Windows Updates,
    follow the steps below.

Step 1: At the Start screen, type
    Windows Update.

Step 2: Select
    Check for Update.

Step 3: Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update all the drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Update all the drivers.
    • Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
      try installing it in compatibility mode.
      Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.
    Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

3. Click on the
    ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

4. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows

(Steps applies to Windows 10)

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 3, 2021
  4. mino1337 Win User

Issues while opening programs and media keys not always working, so I have to restart...

Fn key/media keys not working

Hi community,

Problem:

• I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key.
    Description:

1. My Fn key does not work sometimes.
    2. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't.

Why I think it's a software issue:

• I went through the dell diagnosing tool ( something like bios) to see if the key went bad but it works there.

What I think the problem is:

1. Some service fails to boot .
    2. some app is taking over the media keys control.
    I hope someone can solve this.

Thank you.

mino1337, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Issues while opening programs and media keys not always working, so I have to restart...

1. Issues while opening programs and media keys not always working, so I have to restart... - Similar Threads - Issues while opening

2. I'm having a problem of auto key register while opening the laptop or when I restart the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a problem of auto key register while opening the laptop or when I restart the...: I'm on windows 11 and recently whenever I try to type the pin. The laptop starts to auto register the pin again and again the Challenge phrase appears and I have to type A1B2C3 then I can open my computer. I'm thinking to restore/format my laptop. If I do that will it solve...
  3. Issue: I always get irql_not_or_less_equal when opening any program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue: I always get irql_not_or_less_equal when opening any program.: let me give you some context, recently: my windows 10 computer got infected with ransomware: and a few minutes later I got spammed with BSOD “irql_not_or_less_equal” and I managed to factory reset it. I downloaded all my apps back but a few minutes later I got that BSOD...
  4. Issue: I always get irql_not_or_less_equal when opening any program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue: I always get irql_not_or_less_equal when opening any program.: let me give you some context, recently: my windows 10 computer got infected with ransomware: and a few minutes later I got spammed with BSOD “irql_not_or_less_equal” and I managed to factory reset it. I downloaded all my apps back but a few minutes later I got that BSOD...
  5. Issue: I always get irql_not_or_less_equal when opening any program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. disk always going to 100% whenever i restart or open any programs

disk always going to 100% whenever i restart or open any programs: Hi. I've been having this problem for a while and it's recently started to severely impact my computer, not only slow to start up but also now causing my computer to lag. I am a computer novice so I am relying very much on guides so far.I have already done a number of...
  7. Having an issue while opening an application?

Having an issue while opening an application?: Why 'the operation is returned because the timeout period expired' is showing when I try to open an application on Windows 10? And how can I solve this problem without facing any problems in my PC?...
  8. I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...: Like title says. I dont have media shortcut keys on my keyboard and when i google i didnt find any windows shortcut keys for this. Is there a windows shortcut for this or maybe a third-party macro program which will not get me banned because of anti-cheats? submitted by...
  9. Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with programs opening while laptop closed.: Hello, I’m not sure if this is the place for this, but I figured I’d give it a shot. My girlfriend will open her laptop after closing the lid, but not turning it off, and she’ll find random programs open. Sometimes it’s a new chrome open to a random site, or a word document...
  10. I want programs to open in background, always.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want programs to open in background, always.: Hi Lets say I'm typing an email, and I know I need to open up another program, let say Photoshop. So I start Photoshop and continue typing my email. Now while Photoshop is opening up, it gives me a welcome screen. So I have to alt-Tab away from that. And then when Photoshop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Keyboard media keys not working Spotify