Windows 10: Issues while playing sound using DTS audio after Windows 10 1809 update

Discus and support Issues while playing sound using DTS audio after Windows 10 1809 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello .. I was found a problem after update to latest Win10 1809. It is a clean installation (not upgrade) on two different PCs. One is my working PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VoDaCZ, Dec 20, 2018.

1. VoDaCZ Win User

Issues while playing sound using DTS audio after Windows 10 1809 update

Hello ..

I was found a problem after update to latest Win10 1809. It is a clean installation (not upgrade) on two different PCs.

One is my working PC Gigabyte Z170 DDR3 with i7 6700K with integrated Realtek sound chipset... I using Sony MDR-DS6500 with SPDIF connection..

When i opening sound devices settings and opening SPDIF out device setting and chose Formats and there i choose Dolby digital and try Test everything working fine, when i choose DTS Audio nothing happened. Same is in movie players like KMplayer or Kodi... AC3 movies working fine, DTS not... I using latest realtek 2.82 driver, but i thing it isnt problem of the driver... On spring update everything working fine...

On my second PC (HTPC) i have Asus Prime Z270 with i5 7500T with passtrought HDMI connection to my Marantz 7010 AVR receiver.

Because i using IGP from i5 (trhu HDMI), here is just Intel audio driver (Not realtek chipset on the MB). It is a latest Intel driver from november.

Here is same problem when i want to play something with DTS stream. AC3 or Atmos working fine...

Paradox is, that when i want to choose Dolby digital Live or DTS connect (whats not working in previous builds) its working fine here, but passtrought not...

Where can be a problem?

Thanks for any help and merry christmass

David

***Original title: DTS Passtrought***

:)

VoDaCZ, Dec 20, 2018

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 20, 2018
  4. byu1 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

Maybe. I tested on build 16184 with mod file from Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7, 8,10, page #1681. When I click on test a sound on DTS and DDL, no error( fail to a tone) .

Thema:

1. Issues while playing sound using DTS audio after Windows 10 1809 update - Similar Threads - Issues while playing

2. DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.: Hi there,I have a laptop that I bought around a year ago and it came preinstalled with DTS Sound. Originally, it worked very well and I had immersive audio that I used in some games and I could use DTS X to add more bass for things such as music. However, sometime within the...
  3. DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.: Hi there,I have a laptop that I bought around a year ago and it came preinstalled with DTS Sound. Originally, it worked very well and I had immersive audio that I used in some games and I could use DTS X to add more bass for things such as music. However, sometime within the...
  4. DTS Sound Immersive Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DTS Audio Control Issue

DTS Audio Control Issue: I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, since I've never had this much of an issue with a PC before so forgive me if how I'm saying this seems scattered or doesn't make sense. Feel free to ask for any info needed to help fix the issue, though you might need to give me...
  6. DTS Audio Control Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS Audio Control Issue: I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, since I've never had this much of an issue with a PC before so forgive me if how I'm saying this seems scattered or doesn't make sense. Feel free to ask for any info needed to help fix the issue, though you might need to give me...
  7. DTS Audio Control Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dts Sound issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dts Sound issue: I updated my windows to the new version of 2004 . I own the laptop Asus Tuf gaming FX505DT. It has pre installed DTS Headphone software. With the new update i was not able to control the DTS audio and it is making really fussy noise and is not at all good. Please help me to...
  9. No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.: My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803. The desktop PC was the first to update from 1803 to 1809 (updated in the background while I was working), and the 2 laptops I had to force the updates to 1809. All...
  10. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tch?v=E63LwtU2KMs

2. play dts audio windows 10

3. latest windows 10 update sound passthrough

4. =E63LwtU2KMs,
  5. play dts encoded audio windows 10,
  6. windows10 1903 dts audio control issue,
  7. cannot hear surround sound while running test on windows 10 pro,
  8. realtek spdif,
  9. windows 10 1809 dts,
  10. optical audio on mute after reboot,
  11. v=E63LwtU2KMs,