Windows 10: Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up

Discus and support Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently purchased a surface pro 6 (1 week old) and I'm running into two major issues. 1) When on Youtube or another site that plays video's,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Banihas, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Banihas Win User

Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up

I recently purchased a surface pro 6 (1 week old) and I'm running into two major issues.

1) When on Youtube or another site that plays video's, sometimes the video doesn't play properly and starts to stutter as if I'm playing it at 0.25x speed. The only way the issue resolves is if I restart my computer but of course it comes back. This happens frequently even when I'm not doing heavy multi-tasking. Flash is upto date.

2) The other issue is with Cortana. I try and use it but the moment I select it or try and go to settings and select the option "learn how I say "Hey Cortana"" Cortana software briefly opens and then closes.

Any suggestions?

***Original title: Lagging Video and Cortana not working***

:)

Banihas, Nov 23, 2018

2. Graphics Issue/video/cortana issues SP4

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the Surface Pro 4 device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the game which is causing this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if it helps.

Steps to Update
    Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Method 2: As you are unable to access the videos from Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to access the video from Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Method 3: As you are facing issues with accessing Cortana, I suggest you to turn off Cortana, restart the device, turn on Cortana and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with playing online videos

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with playing online videos.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Do you face this issue on all the web browsers?
    This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

If you are facing this issue on Internet Explorer 11, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Warning: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up

windows explorer closes unexpectedly after windows 10 update

Hi Sanjay,

There are several reasons why the Windows Explorer is closing unexpectedly. This may include an outdated video driver or the system files on your PC may be corrupted or mismatched with other files. Answering the following questions may help us in resolving
    the issue:

• Aside from the Windows 10 Update, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message or code are you getting when the Windows Explorer closes unexpectedly?
    • Were you able to install all pending updates on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up

1. Issues while playing videos in browser and Cortana closes unexpectedly while setting up - Similar Threads - Issues while playing

2. why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?: so i have a hp laptop HP 15-db0000 Laptop with apu AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G and 8gb ram of 1866MHz. it gives watchable framerates while playing offline video players like vlc. but when try to watch anything on browser, youtube on any quality for example,...
  3. why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?: so i have a hp laptop HP 15-db0000 Laptop with apu AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G and 8gb ram of 1866MHz. it gives watchable framerates while playing offline video players like vlc. but when try to watch anything on browser, youtube on any quality for example,...
  4. why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar NOT! Closing While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar NOT! Closing While Playing Games: So i've been having this problem for a very long time and still cant seem to find a fix. I'm playing ARK: Survival Evolved and whenever I look up and down the taskabr pops up whenever I look down, and when i look up the option to exit the game pops up. It's extremly annoying...
  6. I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...

I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...: When I play a video, either through a browser or using a local app, it will play for a few minutes then suddenly the sound is replaced with a clicking patter, This is NOT a digital distortion/click and pop that you commonly hear...The video continues playing, and this...
  7. Laptop Playing Video While Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Playing Video While Closed: Yesterday night something creepy happened. I was watching a video on my laptop at 3 am. When I finished, I kept the tab open but closed my laptop to put it on sleep mode. At exactly 4 am, I was woken up by the sound of the same video I was watching playing from my laptop,...
  8. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  9. Screen Flickering while playing videos and touchpad issues

Screen Flickering while playing videos and touchpad issues: Hello recently i have bought brand new asus vivobook 512-FB i have been having problems while using windows with the display screen is flickering sometimes when i run 4k videos especially i have nividia mx110 and inter graphics uhd 620. i have tried the fix that Microsoft...
  10. video stutters while playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    video stutters while playing: My completely new laptop Surface Pro doesn’t want to play video files properly. It looks like the video file starts to shutters and is played at 0.25x speed. This occurs once in a while and the only thing I can do to solve the problem is to restart the laptop....