Windows 10: Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

Discus and support Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes" Even if I manually shut down from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MarylouKolenda, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes"
    Even if I manually shut down from the Start using sleep, it still shuts down.
    This is relatively new behavior and quite annoying.
    Thanks!

***Original title: Recently my Sleep function stopped working. Is this a bug or is there a fix?***

:)

MarylouKolenda, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Wingo101 Win User

Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

My pc goes to sleep after about 1 hour of idle time. Is it safe to put the pc in sleep mode?

Won't it decrease the lifetime of the gpu, cpu, etc. If they are turned off and on straight-away?

Wingo101, Mar 18, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

It's not a good idea to turn a PC off and on rapidly and/or often, because thermal cycling stresses the components and can cause them to fail early - high performance graphics cards especially. It's all a bit of a grey area this, so if you're doing some testing that requires it, don't sweat over it too much. Disconnect the HD though, if possible.

When I don't use the PC, I always put it into sleep mode instead of shutting it down, because it starts up so much quicker. Because I use Vista, I get the advantage of hybrid sleep, which has the advantages of hybernation and sleep modes - if you unplug it from the mains while sleeping, it just boots up from hybernation instead. *Cool Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode :cool:

qubit, Mar 18, 2020
  4. gmopro Win User

Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

How to Put PC to sleep

What is the fastest way to put pc into sleep mode? (Least amount of steps)

I want to put it in sleep mode and not sure best way. Can i create a shortcut for that?

Also, are the issues ironed out with win10 not coming back easily from sleep mode. Sometimes it is hard to wake them up and you have to restart.

UPDATE: 1231pm.. so i found a way.. i click start, then power, then find Sleep. That works.

Is there a faster way though? With my Lenovo pc, i can choose what power buttons do and one thing under power says choose what the sleep button does? it is like a circle half filled. WHere is this button? I asked Lenovo and waiting for an answer.

gmopro, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

1. Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Issues while putting

2. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  3. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  4. PC no longer booting in UEFI mode after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC no longer booting in UEFI mode after putting it to sleep: So I put my PC to sleep for a few hours only to find out it was actually shut down. When I tried turning it back on I got error code 0xc00000e9 and something about the winload.efi file I tried the usual troubleshooting methods: -Restarting,-resetting bios-changing boot...
  5. My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode: My pc is restarting only when I put my pc on sleep mode. After I put it on sleep mode and turn it back on,everything was OK. Now my pc is restarting in random times when I turn it on and not sure why it is restarting. Why is my computer restarting when I put it on sleep mode...
  6. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  7. Can't put pc in sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't put pc in sleep mode after update: Hello! So, one week ago, Windows said it needed an update, so I did it. However now, when I try to put my pc in sleep mode, the monitor turns off, but the PC, mouse and keyboard Stay on. After a While, the PC crashes, and the blue screen turns up saying "Driver Power...
  8. Issues while putting PC to hibernate mode

Issues while putting PC to hibernate mode: To make things clear at the beginning: The system hibernates fine if manually invoked. I am using the advanced power options to set the system on Stand-by after 30 Minutes and to hibernate after 45 Minutes. This used to work fine until update 1803/1809. After that its...
  9. Closing lid does NOT put pc to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Closing lid does NOT put pc to sleep mode.: I've verified the correct Settings, even run hardware troubleshooter. Any suggestions? DELL Inspiron 5555 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-lid-does-not-put-pc-to-sleep-mode/aed5d80b-574d-4547-8b9a-f41a99e6030d
  10. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...