Windows 10: Issues while reading text on Windows OS after performing Windows updates

Discus and support Issues while reading text on Windows OS after performing Windows updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I return to the previous display settings, or improve the display, after the Windows update? I have already tried changing resolution,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KrautMama, Aug 9, 2019.

1. KrautMama Win User

Issues while reading text on Windows OS after performing Windows updates

How can I return to the previous display settings, or improve the display, after the Windows update? I have already tried changing resolution, brightness.

The poor display seems to affect on the the Windows programs, internet browser looks ok. Text in Office and in OS / Windows Desktop /Explorer appears faint, also, the frames around windows and buttons are missing, making it difficult to apprehend the display.

***Original title: Poor readability of text, poor display after Windows 10 (automatic) update***

:)

KrautMama, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 9, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Issues while reading text on Windows OS after performing Windows updates

Windows update issues

Just a real quick question for you guys. Have any of you been having issues with Windows Update at all? I havent gotten updates in about 2months because of the following:

Error code 8024402f. I get the following from Help and support:

Its like this even with a fresh install of different OS's.

Not sure how to fix it.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Issues while reading text on Windows OS after performing Windows updates

1. Issues while reading text on Windows OS after performing Windows updates - Similar Threads - Issues while reading

2. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  3. Strange OS message while performing network diagnostics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange OS message while performing network diagnostics: Gentlemen, I have a PC with Windows 8.1, internet connection via an Asus RT-N12VP router. Now, when I diagnose the network, odd message appears: "Found error - Windows could not automatically detect the proxy settings for this network..." But according to the provider's...
  4. Strange OS message while performing network diagnostics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange OS message while performing network diagnostics: Gentlemen, I have a PC with Windows 8.1, internet connection via an Asus RT-N12VP router. Now, when I diagnose the network, odd message appears: "Found error - Windows could not automatically detect the proxy settings for this network..." But according to the provider's...
  5. Text is difficult to read after fresh install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text is difficult to read after fresh install Windows 10: Good evening, Three days ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10 that overwrote the pre-existing Windows 10 upgrade from a Windows 7 OEM Lenovo, Desktop 10093 Model. Since then the screens two monitors have been difficult to use since the text is not clear to read. After...
  6. Some performance issues after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some performance issues after update: After I updated my windows from 1903 to 1909 i got some sudden freezes in my games. For example good old CS:GO runs smooth on 300 fps. But suddenly freezes and fps drops to 70-100 and then goes back to normal. It can happen any time, totally random. There is no exact time...
  7. Windows OS performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OS performance issue: Split from this thread. Hi, I'd personally advise against installing this optional update. My PC has lost all network wired and wireless adapter connection. Edge and Windows Update cannot connect. Comodo Firewall also now fails to start and had to be uninstalled....
  8. OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.: After installing the following updates after a 100% fresh 1903 Windows Install: KB: 4503293 4503308 4497932 4495620 2267602 890830 Text in UI disappears and WILL NOT SHOW UP FOR a random amount of time. You can force it to show up by opening 4 different "Windows...
  9. No text after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No text after Windows Update: My computer just went through a windows update. I tried to open a new Excel spreadsheet, but no gridlines were there. The program won't close. I tried a right mouse click on the Excel icon on the taskbar and clicked close program. The icon turned orange and there was a...
  10. Stop Windows updates and performance issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Windows updates and performance issues: Well, by the tiltle above you main know what i'm facing right. I'm extremely frustrating, the win10 update before allowed us as admin privileges to shutdown update orchestrator software and windows update service (to avoid this annoying image bellow), but right know you...