Windows 10: Issues while recording audio from Discord using Game Bar

Discus and support Issues while recording audio from Discord using Game Bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Game Bar doesnt record mic or other people im talking to through discord when turned on "All" but when turned on "game only" it records mic but doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WyattVA, Jul 17, 2019.

1. WyattVA Win User

Issues while recording audio from Discord using Game Bar

Game Bar doesnt record mic or other people im talking to through discord when turned on "All" but when turned on "game only" it records mic but doesnt record my system sound such as talking to people through discord.

I use the "Record That" feature to get highlights of funny moments that happen while gaming but I like to have my voice and the person im talking to's in the recording, otherwise I would just use OBS to record something.

***Original title: Game Bar Mic Problem***

:)

WyattVA, Jul 17, 2019

2. windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio

I am trying to record gameplay and audio from games I play with my friends. I am using discord to talk with them but when I try to record with game bar it only picks up my voice and not my friends. what can I do so that when I record I can hear my friends
    as well as myself?

CharlieHarken, Jul 17, 2019
  3. windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio

it is all games and I have made sure the mic is on but that doesn't help. all that does is pick up my voice mot my friends. I am using discord and it is not picking up any audio from discord. it does not matter the game or anything the problem is not recording
    audio from discord.

CharlieHarken, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game audio is choppy in the recording. This generally happens when the recording is not ended correctly. We can try restarting the service for Game bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
      keys together to open Task Manager.
    3. Click on More details.
    4. Look for BcastDVRUserService, and click on
      End Task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

You can change the settings how the audio is recorded and see if that helps in resolving the Audio issue. Please navigate to
    Settings (Windows key + I) >> Gaming >> Captures >> Recorded audio. You can change the Audio quality, and change the Microphone and System volume.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Issues while recording audio from Discord using Game Bar - Similar Threads - Issues while recording

2. Windows game bar not recording discord audio, Discord blocking all other audio sources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows game bar not recording discord audio, Discord blocking all other audio sources: Windows 10, no speaker, I use my earbuds for sound/mic.When I am in a discord call, I do not get any audio from other sources, only Discord. No game sounds, no Youtube, no Minecraft, no sound replaying when I change the volume. I've tried setting my audio devices and updating...
  3. Windows game bar not recording discord audio, Discord blocking all other audio sources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows game bar not recording discord audio, Discord blocking all other audio sources: Windows 10, no speaker, I use my earbuds for sound/mic.When I am in a discord call, I do not get any audio from other sources, only Discord. No game sounds, no Youtube, no Minecraft, no sound replaying when I change the volume. I've tried setting my audio devices and updating...
  4. Xbox Game Bar recorder audio issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar recorder audio issue: whenever i clip in game moments i would like to have all my audio recorded at once, this being the game itself, my microphone and a discord call im in. However it seems as though i can only choose between Game+Mic Game audio only option / Game+DiscordAll audio option. Is...
  5. Windows Game Bar records my friends audio from discord but it does not record mine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar records my friends audio from discord but it does not record mine.: Whenever I play with my friends and I use windows game bar to record clips, it only records my friends' voices in game or in discord. It does not record mine. How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows game bar Audio recording issues.: Good morning, I have been recently using the 'Record last 30 seconds' function in the game bar more frequently and have noticed that it does not record my audio. I have worked out how to activate my microphone so it does work Windows + Alt + M, however after capturing just...
  7. mic recording issue using Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic recording issue using Xbox Game Bar: I have no problems when recording games but it doesn’t want to record from my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-recording-issue-using-xbox-game-bar/05888267-d8b4-48f5-919a-4ef3b3e56550
  8. Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  9. windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio: I am trying to record gameplay and audio from games I play with my friends. I am using discord to talk with them but when I try to record with game bar it only picks up my voice and not my friends. what can I do so that when I record I can hear my friends as well as myself?...
  10. windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 game bar not recording discord audio: I am trying to record gameplay and audio from games I play with my friends. I am using discord to talk with them but when I try to record with game bar it only picks up my voice and not my friends. what can I do so that when I record I can hear my friends as well as myself?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to record mic audio on discord when using game bar