Windows 10: Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files

Discus and support Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JBr44, Mar 12, 2020.

1. JBr44 Win User

Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files

This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a complaint from July 31, 2015. An answer to that complain posting was to "turn off the Automatic Accent Color for your backgrounds." That's not acceptable. I like the color changing automatically what the hell does that have to do with the File Explorer "jumping"? Is there another work-around, or is this just another ever continuing screw up by Microsoft?

***Original title: Windows 10 File Explorer "jumps" to top of long list of files***

:)

JBr44, Mar 12, 2020

2. While scrolling down a very long list of files, the Scroll Bar will jump back at the beginning. Why?

Original Title: File Explorer

While scrolling down a very long list of files, the Scroll Bar will jump back at the beginning.

I have tried all the remedies suggested, including uninstalling third-party Security software and substituting with Windows Defender.

Nothing has worked. Is Microsoft ever going to do something about this problem?

Vinicio125, Mar 12, 2020
  3. regan1985 Win User
    making file lists

ok i have tried it and i got it to work thanks

but my next problem is it only lists the folders not the files??

regan1985, Mar 12, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files - Similar Threads - Issues while scrolling

2. File Listing in Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  3. List folder files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  4. File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes while scrolling on folders: While scrolling down on folders in my drive the file explorer closes and restarts, this makes it impossible to acces some files, and in some folders it crashes as soon as I open it, the error is: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎27/‎2020 11:04 PM...
  5. Issues with long file paths

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with long file paths: I have a file with a path that begins with \\?\ which is causing a lot of issues with programs. It's a video file and VLC won't play it, etc. I already have LongPathsEnabled in the registry. Is there any way to get long paths to look normal or is it just up to the other...
  6. When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mister_Eleganza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzwck8/when_i_have_a_window_open_with_a_long_list_of/
  7. Flat files from a long list of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Flat files from a long list of folders: I downloaded my photos from google photos to use in a display frame. The frame expects a flat list of files with no directory structure. The archive I got from google has a zillion folders with a few files in each. How can I convert a directory full of folders into a flat...
  8. File Explorer scrolling issue

File Explorer scrolling issue: Whenever scrolling down the page of files whether it's word docs, music, photos, etc. my screen will automatically without provocation scroll back to the top of the page. When renaming files it is very problematic. Is there a solution?...
  9. Windows 10 scrolling issue in folders

Windows 10 scrolling issue in folders: We are having an issue that all folders (or properties dialogue boxes) scroll to the bottom, meaning that we cannot select an item at the top of the folder, or amend details at the top of the dialogue box. Internet pages do not automatically scroll. However, the start...
  10. Photo file scroll issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo file scroll issue: I can't slowly scroll through my files or make it through an entire before the OS returns my page to the first line of photos. It's practically detrimental to my work-flow as I am a photographer. I can't look through my files to choose my next project with the files suddenly...