Windows 10: Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

Discus and support Issues while sending attachments using Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just like in this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957 I have the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlisonMadrey, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

Just like in this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957

I have the same problem. I send emails but the attachments - that I KNOW are there - don't send. They are removed from the email, which is then sent. This happens when the file sizes are on the large size (today's was about 4.4MB) or when I send several at one time. It's not consistent. Sometimes I get lucky and can send 6 MB of files at one time. I just never know when the attachment bandit is going to strike.

I use Windows 10, the built-in Microsoft Mail program with an outlook.com mail account. (This forum forced me to pick "Live" mail but I don't think it's technically called that. It's just called "Mail.")

The problem does not happen when I use a browser to send the email. I can also get the email to send the attachments if I send a NEW email... instead of a reply to an existing email thread. It's very odd.

This is affecting my ability to do my work and deliver things to my clients. Please help. Thanks.

***Original title: Attachments not sent in emails***

:)

AlisonMadrey, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issues while sending attachments using Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Unable to send e mails with attachments using outlook

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are not able to send email with attachments in Outlook.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

Are you trying to send mail using outlook.com or the mail app?

What is the size of the attachment you are trying to send?

If you are using mail app then I would suggest you to follow the below step,

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If you send an email that exceeds the maximum email size limit of the recipient’s email provider then the mail with attachment will stay in the mailbox.

For outlook.com and Hotmail the maximum email size limit is (10MB per file attachment).For Microsoft Outlook it is 20 MB.

Reply us with more information to help you assist better.

Anup Karkal, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

1. Issues while sending attachments using Mail app - Similar Threads - Issues while sending

2. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  3. Microsoft mail not sending attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft mail not sending attachments.: MS mail fails to send attachments. My advice, fuggedaboudit and use gmail or anything else. Solution: Use another mail system and have a life. Why waste time trying to fix yet another MS fail when there are so many other fast and functional options. Clearly MS doesn't care,...
  4. Send photos as e-mail attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send photos as e-mail attachments.: Windows 10 Mail seems only to offer "insert" rather than "attach." With documents I still have the option to attach. What am I missing? Also, I try right-click Send To "mail recipient" and get a message telling me to "create an association in the Default Programs control...
  5. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10: I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of the attachment. Any ideas?...
  6. Unable to send attachments using Win10 mail.

Unable to send attachments using Win10 mail.: Has the issue where mail cannot send attachments ever been resolved? I've looked through the various threads and have been unable to find the answer. Had been working for years....
  7. Win10 Mail App Attachment issues

Win10 Mail App Attachment issues: Hello, This problem only started recently. I am unable to download attachments in emails - the loading circle turns forever. Things I have tested: 1. The problem is only with the company exchange email; outlook account bound to the Mail App doesn't have this problem...
  8. sending attachments with e-mails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sending attachments with e-mails: I think I hit a wrong button...somehow via being new to Windows 10 and a new computer. After I attach documents to an e-mail, I can not open the attachment to review it before sending, and when sent to a recipient, they can not open the attachment. Help....
  9. Issues while downloading some attachments on Mail app

Issues while downloading some attachments on Mail app: Hi Windows 10 mail app. If I open an e-mail with a PDF attachment the Mail app can download the attachment. But my p12 or p7s certificate files can't be downloaded. I receive this error: "We couldn't download one or more of the attachments. Please try again later"...
  10. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...