Windows 10: Issues while setting up Surface Pro 7 with Windows Autopilot and MDM

Discus and support Issues while setting up Surface Pro 7 with Windows Autopilot and MDM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a Surface Pro 7 from a Microsoft Store and got the hardware hash and setup Windows Autopilot and when I joined to the WIFI it did bring it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffreyAllen6268, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Issues while setting up Surface Pro 7 with Windows Autopilot and MDM

I bought a Surface Pro 7 from a Microsoft Store and got the hardware hash and setup Windows Autopilot and when I joined to the WIFI it did bring it to the page of the user and asked for the password and then I signed in and then nothing. It did join Azure AD, we have intune setup. I did make sure the user had the licensing and was a member of the right Intune group and it looked like it tried to join the MDM but didn't complete. Nothing else happened and when I go to Intune portal it won't sync and therefore nothing is working and no programs are installing and I can't manually join it to MDM as I get an error. I need this resolved for a new hire but it is worthless as I can't do anything with it.

***Original title: Windows Autopilot Doesn't Work***

:)

JeffreyAllen6268, Mar 5, 2020

2. Windows Autopilot Doesn't Work

I bought a Surface Pro 7 from a Microsoft Store and got the hardware hash and setup Windows Autopilot and when I joined to the WIFI it did bring it to the page of the user and asked for the password and then I signed in and then nothing. It did join Azure
    AD, we have intune setup. I did make sure the user had the licensing and was a member of the right Intune group and it looked like it tried to join the MDM but didn't complete. Nothing else happened and when I go to Intune portal it won't sync and therefore
    nothing is working and no programs are installing and I can't manually join it to MDM as I get an error. I need this resolved for a new hire but it is worthless as I can't do anything with it.

JeffreyAllen6268, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Issues while setting up Surface Pro 7 with Windows Autopilot and MDM

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Issues while setting up Surface Pro 7 with Windows Autopilot and MDM

1. Issues while setting up Surface Pro 7 with Windows Autopilot and MDM - Similar Threads - Issues while setting

2. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  3. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  4. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  7. AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AutoPilot for Existing Devices - MDM Enrollment: Trying to find a way to get devices enrolled with Endpoint Manager without the need for local admin or VPN. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get devices enrolled during this time of remote work? everything i have checked on either requires connection to the local...
  8. Surface Pro 7 & Windows 10 Camera issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 & Windows 10 Camera issues: I just purchased a Surface Pro 7 last summer and have been having camera issues for the last couple of months. First the camera quit taking pictures at all. Then, this morning, the camera stopped working on startup so Windows Hello is not working at all. When I go to take a...
  9. Surface Pro 7. Windows and camera issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 7. Windows and camera issues.: Hello! I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 i3, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD. Immediately after the first start, Windows began to update everything that could be updated. When the updates were completed, I ran into two problems. 1 Windows Hello sometimes cannot start the camera or it...
  10. surface pro 7 hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    surface pro 7 hotspot issues: So this is my problem, I am trying to use my surface pro 7 as a "wifi repeater" with the built in hotspot option, but the devices connected to the hotspot are not getting an internet connection specifically the Iphone SE 2020 , how can I fix this ? Additional info; other...