Windows 10: Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting this message: WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" ***Original title:Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmyWarford, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I keep getting this message:

WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

***Original title:Failed windows 10 upgrade from windows 7***

:)

AmyWarford, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues while upgrading

2. Issues with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Partway through the install the computer shuts completely off. On restart, it uninstalls the partial installation of Windows 10 and returns to Windows 7 The following error message displays 0xC1900101-0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error...
  3. Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 - issues with update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from windows 7 to 10 - issues with update: It completed install(update) and screen is rebooting - but then it booted back to windows 7 I may have missed a screen alert - as it was running for a while and i only had to answer to keep my programs and files and i said yes - Im going to try again with not keeping files...
  4. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear micro soft, I am unable to upgrade wind 10 i have got an error during booth operation as below, please visit: http//go.microsoft.com/?Link ID528892 Please assist, Thanks , Prajwal ***PII Removed for privacy*** ***Original title: Regarding wind.. upgration frpm...
  5. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...
  6. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I tried to upgrde from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i have error. Safe_os and migrate_ data ***Original title: Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-while-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows/3cc7de44-f740-41f6-9934-e79fef62b01a
  7. Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Issues while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello All, Custom build PC. Has been running fine for years with updates on Windows 7 Pro. Looking to update to Windows 10 via in-place USB method created from mediacreationtool. 1. Computer is fully updated with drivers from manufacturers. Gigabyte board, etc, etc. 2....
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues

Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 Network Issues: Hi All Just updated my final Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 but have an issue with the Ethernet Adapter. It is a VM machine running on Windows 2012R2. Before the upgrade the VM had a static IP address but after the upgrade it had gone to a DHCP address. No Issues, I...
  9. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues: I just finished upgrading my Dell 1545 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My WiFi is connected and I don't have any trouble accessing the internet through Chrome, Spotify, and iTunes. However, when I click on the Getting Started button to connect my accounts, it tells me "It looks...
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Issues!: I have recently installed Windows 10 and have found the following issues:- I need to use Explorer rather than MS Edge for my CCTV - but when using Explorer the pages freeze up or jump up and down? It seems almost like MS being determined that I will use Edge or else?!?...