Windows 10: Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Discus and support Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Flying Spaghetti Jar, May 23, 2019.

1. Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Hello

I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft store.

Basically, the email I use for Windows 10 is my primary email that I use now, but my secondary email (my older one) has products that I don't own on my primary email. I wish to log in or be able to use my secondary email to download products I own on my secondary email on the same user account that I use with my primary email.

Microsoft Store offers the ability to log in with a Work/School Email, I have tried to log into my secondary account this way, but it didn't work.

I have tried adding another email address through Windows settings, but the Microsoft Store doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of my secondary email address, so I can't download it.

Just to confirm, I do have 2 emails attached to my user account, with my primary email being the master of the user account.

How would I get around this?

***Title modified from How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?***

:)

Flying Spaghetti Jar, May 23, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10  

Switched to local account.
    Email address is hidden on sign in page.
    As for Windows Store, I need to enter my MS account password. Just one extra step. No big deal.

(step 6 in OPTION TWO) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

My issue is settled.

davidhk, May 23, 2019
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Uplink10, May 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

1. Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues while using

2. Unauthorized use of my email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unauthorized use of my email address: I received this email from a friend: Just a heads up that your email address was recently used to automatically and maliciously send an email with a web link to a malware website. It looks like it may have gone to multiple undisclosed recipients. What do I do now?...
  3. Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address: Good afternoon all, On my Microsoft account I have the following "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" [ATTACH] And below my "Your Info" page. [ATTACH] Now how the heck do I change *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email address: How do I allocate my email address to the Photo viewer. So can attach a photo to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/37d05dd8-beea-4138-8756-c645ddd07ba1
  5. Microsoft account with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...
  6. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: When I change an email address in "people" and then go to use it in "Mail" I get the old one. I check in "People" again and I get the new and all of the old email addresses. What's up Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  7. Microsoft is deploying a fix to address Windows 10 app store download issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is deploying a fix to address Windows 10 app store download issues: Just like any software, Microsoft Store is not bug-free and sometimes you might run into problems while downloading apps from the Store. Windows 10’s Microsoft Store is experiencing significant issues this week, which, if allowed to continue for a longer period of time,...
  8. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419
  9. different user accounts, only one email address?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    different user accounts, only one email address?: Hi I've got two computers running windows 7. Both have an administrator account and a standard user account. The computer I use for gaming has a third account for gaming (I have some older games that don't like the aero-peak feature so the gaming account uses a plain...
  10. Changing my microsoft email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my microsoft email address: So I want to change the email address associated with my microsoft account. The only problem is I am currently using a microsoft-enabled account for windows 10. So my old email I want to change from literally has an account on this computer. My question is, when I change my...