Windows 10: Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Discus and support Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Flying Spaghetti Jar, May 23, 2019.

1. Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Hello

I use 2 emails regularly, I own several products on my older email that I don't on my newer one, but I can't add my email for the microsoft store.

Basically, the email I use for Windows 10 is my primary email that I use now, but my secondary email (my older one) has products that I don't own on my primary email. I wish to log in or be able to use my secondary email to download products I own on my secondary email on the same user account that I use with my primary email.

Microsoft Store offers the ability to log in with a Work/School Email, I have tried to log into my secondary account this way, but it didn't work.

I have tried adding another email address through Windows settings, but the Microsoft Store doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of my secondary email address, so I can't download it.

Just to confirm, I do have 2 emails attached to my user account, with my primary email being the master of the user account.

How would I get around this?

***Title modified from How to 2 personal emails under the same user account?***

:)

Flying Spaghetti Jar, May 23, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10  

Switched to local account.
    Email address is hidden on sign in page.
    As for Windows Store, I need to enter my MS account password. Just one extra step. No big deal.

(step 6 in OPTION TWO) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

My issue is settled.

davidhk, May 23, 2019
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Uplink10, May 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10

1. Issues while using a different email address to Microsoft Store on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues while using

2. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  3. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  4. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. where are saved email addresses stored in Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    where are saved email addresses stored in Windows 10?: Whenever I visit e.g. an on-line retailer and am asked to provide my email address, as soon as I enter a couple of characters, Windows brings up a list of email addresses from which I can select my latest one. The list contains many old email addresses of mine and my late...
  6. Windows 10 and email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and email address: I have a new hp pavilion laptop with windows 10 I'm trying to set up email but it's requesting me to change my email address because my existing one already exists as a MS account. That account is mine and I don't want to change. How can I achieve that?...
  7. Different email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different email address: Sometimes when I send an email with the mail app my address gets changed to something like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** When people try to reply they get an error message!! Can someone help? Thanks...
  8. Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store is using a different login email than what my account is.: The microsoft store continually asks me for a password to an email that i do not have a windows account with. Even when Im logged in with my correct account it still uses the wrong email in verification/security checks. I do own/have access to this email. But i dont...
  9. Issues while accessing Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues while accessing Microsoft Store: Hi,i want to enter micosoft shop but when i want to enter,system wrote me try it again but i have wifi strong connection,whats the matter and what i should do to solve this issue?? ***Original title: Problems when entering Microsoft shop***...
  10. Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft uses wrong verify code email address: Good afternoon all, On my Microsoft account I have the following "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" [ATTACH] And below my "Your Info" page. [ATTACH] Now how the heck do I change *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for...