Windows 10: Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get Maps to work on my computer. It starts up fine, displays maps, finds a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeanne Kamansky, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get Maps to work on my computer. It starts up fine, displays maps, finds a location on the map, but it will not give me directions. It just sits there and whirrrrs (the little spinner is relentless!) but it never finds any directions. I have tried several trips - long and short - but it never stops spinning.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

***Original title: Problem with Windows 10 Maps Program***

:)

Jeanne Kamansky, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10

1. Issues while using Maps after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues while using

2. Issue while using windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue while using windows.: Hi,Since last two days i am facing a very weird issue, as stated below :1. While i watch YouTube video, the video would auto-restart without me even touching a key. 2. While typing in word, my cursor will shift to initial position.I have tried the reset this PC option....
  3. Issue while using windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue while using windows.: Hi,Since last two days i am facing a very weird issue, as stated below :1. While i watch YouTube video, the video would auto-restart without me even touching a key. 2. While typing in word, my cursor will shift to initial position.I have tried the reset this PC option....
  4. Issue while using windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issue with a "Network Mapped Drive" after 20H2 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with a "Network Mapped Drive" after 20H2 upgrade.: Hi, I upgraded my HP laptop last week to Win10 20H2 19042.630 I store all my documents, photos etc. in a directory structure on one of my disk drives. I have a mapped Network Drive Z: to it and all my programs access my data through it. I have been using this method for...
  6. Have an issue while upgrading windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have an issue while upgrading windows 10: i downloaded windows 10 iso latest and mouted on drive for upgrade keeping files and settings.. at the end i received this as it did undoing changes to the computer... error is " 0x800F0830-0X20003 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during...
  7. Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909

Issues while mapping Network drives after updating to Windows 10 1909: Windows 10 1909. I set up a few network drive maps via explorer with the box checked to reconnect at logon. When the user logs in the drive maps aren't there any more, which is really annoying because some of the apps come from the server. I've seen other posts that say I...
  8. Issues while using keyboard after updating to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues while using keyboard after updating to Windows 10 1903: HELLO, I HAVE KEYBOARD ISSUES SINCE 1903 UPDATE ON MY HP PAVILLION LAPTOP OS WIN 10 64 BIT. WHEN I START TO TYPE IT EITHER DOESN'T TYPE THE LETTERS I'M ENTERING OR IT STARTS PULLING UP DIFFERENT WINDOWS LIKE I USED A SHORT CUT KEY OR SOMETHING. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING THIS IS AN...
  9. Mapping issues with Windows 10

Mapping issues with Windows 10: Has there been a fix to the mapping drive not reconnecting after rebooting in Windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-issues-with-windows-10/4b1f4391-3c97-498b-a3a1-2b6b8582406b
  10. Windows 10 Maps issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Maps issues: Hi, I am facing an issue: when I introduce an address in the magnifier marked window, the application sees the address, in most cases, suggesting me the same but the complete one (containing details), after that, when I select the address suggested, after few seconds, I...