Windows 10: Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Discus and support Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jlkowerysr, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on.

I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor.

***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after leaving sleep mode***

:)

jlkowerysr, Jul 4, 2019

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Stavros Win User

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

1. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Issues while waking

2. Second monitor not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor not waking up from sleep: Hey there,I have a problem with my dual monitor setup and the problem is that my second monitors seems to have a problem with waking up from sleep mode. Primary monitor doesn't have this issue, which makes me kinda confused.The monitors are use Asus ProArt PA278QV, they both...
  3. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  4. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  5. Issue during wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue during wake up from sleep mode: Last week I build my own PC. After installing windows and all drivers everything works properly. Yesterday I found an issue. When my PC is on sleep mode and I try to wake it up for example by clicking mouse button computer starts to work all LED's and fan turns on and after...
  6. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Waking up from sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up from sleep mode issue: Every time I wake up my pc, all my desktop shortcuts have dissapeared and all my running apps show they are still running. However whenever I click on that app on the task bar, that app never opens. Any advice. All my graphics drivers are up to date. I do have a second hdd...