Windows 10: Issues while windows 10 is locked

Discus and support Issues while windows 10 is locked in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've recently upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 at work. As a way of automate tasks, i've several tasks running (some over night,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by André_AF3, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Issues while windows 10 is locked

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 at work. As a way of automate tasks, i've several tasks running (some over night, some during the work day).

Somo of the tasks are in excel, through VBA processes.

Going to the point, all worked just fine in Windows7. Now, i have one task, that does not work at all in Windows10. Let me explain further:

The process, has more to it, but on of the things it does (and the thing with the issue), is to save an excel range to a jpeg file. This process is done copying the range and pasting it on a chart area, and export it to a jpeg file (seams odd but works fine).

The issue is that all of this work properly, while i'm working, with the computer unlocked.

But if i lock the desktop, it stops the code, with the error "The clipboard cannot be emptied. Another program may be using the clipboard" . After debug it, it stops in the line where excel copies the range and paste it as an image.

I've invested several hours, looking in the web, without any success. So please, does someone knows, why when the desktop is locked, windows 10 seams to "block" the clipboard?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

:)

André_AF3, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. little cat, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Issues while windows 10 is locked

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Issues while windows 10 is locked

1. Issues while windows 10 is locked - Similar Threads - Issues while locked

2. Issue while clone the Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue while clone the Windows 10.: When I did disk to disk cloning of Win 10 using Clonezilla ,Powershell.exe in the destination disk is not opening through start menu, I tried to open it from "system32" folder it is says something like "Don't have rights, contact administrator".But Powershell ISE is opening....
  3. Windows Locking Issue while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Locking Issue while gaming: Whenever I play, after a few minutes my screen would just lock itself up and hibernate. I really don't know what to do since I've tried adjusting my power options and yet it still happens and it appears to have made this issue worse. Ive read a lot of questions stating my...
  4. Windows Locking Issue while gaming

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Locking Issue while gaming: Whenever I play, after a few minutes my screen would just lock itself up and hibernate. I really don't know what to do since I've tried adjusting my power options and yet it still happens and it appears to have made this issue worse. Ive read a lot of questions stating my...
  5. Windows Locking Issue while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues: Hello All, I am having issues with my lock screen slideshow displaying on my Windows 10 PC, and instead displays a single image as a background which I had previously used but deleted. The image below in the preview box is the one I have deleted, and is not part of the...
  7. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

Windows 10 locking randomly while in use: Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found...
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues

Windows 10 Lock Screen Issues: Hello everyone. I have a group of PC's on a Server Environment, joined to domain. Randomly 2 of the PC's are going to the Lock Screen after 1 minute of non-use. I have been going through everything that Ive found to make it work. List of things I have done/checked. This is on...
  9. Windows 10 Lock Screen issues

Windows 10 Lock Screen issues: I cannot get an image to display properly on my lock screen. My computers background image looks completely fine and fits the screen perfectly. I have tried resizing the photo to work for the lock screen, changing aspect ratios, everything. All it does it take a small section...
  10. Windows 10 lock scree issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lock scree issue: hello everyone, has anyone experienced the following behavior on your laptop? after you lock the laptop and enter the screen saver, when you move the mouse should show the screen to enter the password and unlock the laptop, but in my case lately this does not happen. The...