Windows 10: Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not get 5.1 Surround Sound to play for my computer with any audio player; i.e. DVD/CD optical drive, Pandora, etc. but when I run an audio test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregoryPrickett, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10

I can not get 5.1 Surround Sound to play for my computer with any audio player; i.e. DVD/CD optical drive, Pandora, etc. but when I run an audio test using the device manager it tests perfectly. I have heard that there might be a compatibility issue with 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound and Windows 10.

Please let me know if anybody has had this problem and what the solution is.

:)

GregoryPrickett, Jun 25, 2019

2. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 25, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10

1. Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues Surround Sound

2. Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue: Hello. I need help with my headphones and my computer regarding the audio issue.So, my Logitech G433 has a 7.1 Surround Sound support and it has software to use the feature.I have the driver installed for the headphones to function. However, when I test the surround sound...
  3. Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones with 7.1 Surround Sound Issue: Hello. I need help with my headphones and my computer regarding the audio issue.So, my Logitech G433 has a 7.1 Surround Sound support and it has software to use the feature.I have the driver installed for the headphones to function. However, when I test the surround sound...
  4. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound: I recently installed a third monitor. This really highlighted my outdated soundbar, as it only covered one monitor. I went ahead and got a new sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy RX) and new speakers (Logitech Z606) so I could have 5.1 surround sound. Well, I've had nothing...
  5. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  6. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound: Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some threads going back to 2016. I'm still having this problem and I see no response whatsoever to this issue. Why is this not...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. Windows 10 surround sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 surround sound settings: I have a Vizio surround sound system that i just installed in my living room. Its 5.1 surround and it has a sound bar, sub, and two satellite speakers. I have the surround sound enabled and it works, however in the pictures of the speaker layouts in the surround sound...
  9. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  10. 5.1 Surround Sound System Setup Issues on Windows 10

5.1 Surround Sound System Setup Issues on Windows 10: Hey all, I know the title isn't super specific, but I've been having trouble overall with setting up my surround sound speakers with my Windows 10 desktop, and I was hoping if anyone could shed some light on the many issues I've encountered. I have a Windows 10 desktop...