Windows 10: Issues with a Windows 10 Pro Product Key

Discus and support Issues with a Windows 10 Pro Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to activate a Windows 10 Pro product key on a new computer, but I am getting an activation error 0x803f7001. To check if the key was faulty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Croud Ike, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Croud Ike Win User

Issues with a Windows 10 Pro Product Key

I am trying to activate a Windows 10 Pro product key on a new computer, but I am getting an activation error 0x803f7001. To check if the key was faulty I entered it on my current computer, where it functioned as intended. I am therefore able to use the license on my current computer, but not on the new one, even after uninstalling the key on my current computer. How do I fix this?

Also: I've read about the license being bound to the Microsoft account, which might be preventing me from activating it on the new computer. If this is the case, how do I unlink it?

:)

Croud Ike, Apr 4, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Apr 4, 2021
  4. MadGates Win User

product key issue

The Original Poster has not responded regarding your suggestion; however, I am having the same issue and can confirm that I have the correct upgrade version of Windows 10. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro (most currently updated version) using
    Windows 10 Pro via USB drive.

My 8.1 Pro is activated, but my OEM product key for 8.1 Pro is not accepted by Windows 10. I also have confirmed that the product key works by re-entering the product key.

Thanks in advance!

MadGates, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Issues with a Windows 10 Pro Product Key - Similar Threads - Issues Pro Product

2. Windows 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro product key: I am going to have to re-install Windows 10. I tried to install VMware Workstation and it has hosed up the works. I tried to restore from several restore points, they all fail. I have tried to start Windows in Safe mode, that doesn't work either.I do not have my product key....
  3. Windows 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro product key: I am going to have to re-install Windows 10. I tried to install VMware Workstation and it has hosed up the works. I tried to restore from several restore points, they all fail. I have tried to start Windows in Safe mode, that doesn't work either.I do not have my product key....
  4. Windows 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro product key: Where can I get a product key for my windows10 pro? do I have to pay? it says that my product key is expiring..... idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-product-key/5f2a6d15-c846-4421-b6df-97d6c741983b
  6. window 10 pro product key

window 10 pro product key: Hello, I am using window 10 pro on my laptop but last two days say change the product key ? how can i found the product key of window 10 pro ? how it is solved sustainable ?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Product Key

Windows 10 Pro Product Key: when I was activate my win 10 pro I have msg your product key did not work Oxc004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-product-key/4821469e-b0e1-4ef7-af93-f96296f9510f
  8. Windows 10 Pro Product Key

Windows 10 Pro Product Key: Hi, So I recently purchased what appeared to be a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro, as a digitally emailed license. I received a key and entered it successfully, upgrading my laptop to Pro, but it is now requesting to be activated, and cannot activate currently....
  9. Windows 10 Pro activation and product key issue

Windows 10 Pro activation and product key issue: I bought a surface pro 6 coming with W10 Home. Since I do need a virtualization I tried to upgrade it to W10 Pro (via Microsoft Store). It was upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise, but activation didn't work. The error code is 0xC004F025 and troubleshooting does not help. I also...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key: Hi - I purchased, downloaded and installed Windows 10 Pro from the MS Windows Store. My system now claims it needs to be activated. When I go to activate it, I get a message saying I do not have a product key. I cannot find a key in any of my purchase information. Where do...