Windows 10: Issues with activating Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Issues with activating Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running a non-genuine version of Windows 10 Pro. When I bought it, it had Windows 10 Home but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matthew Tieu, May 21, 2019.

1. Issues with activating Windows 10 Home

To whom it may concern,

I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running a non-genuine version of Windows 10 Pro. When I bought it, it had Windows 10 Home but I ran into this problem by typing in a product key from the website: https://www.windows10productkeys.info/. When I use the activation troubleshooter as shown in the screenshot, it tells me that I have a digital license (Windows 10 Home) which can be used to activate Windows. However, the main problem is that the media creation tool only updates Windows to a newer build rather than activating it. Is there a way for me to activate Windows without spending money on a product key? I do not mind activating Windows 10 Home on my laptop. Thanks in advance.

Issues with activating Windows 10 Home e639728d-24dc-485f-957e-8042ad493c6d?upload=true.png

:)

Matthew Tieu, May 21, 2019

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  4. Issues with activating Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Issues with activating Windows 10 Home

1. Issues with activating Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Issues activating Home

2. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Activation Issue: Hi. My Windows 10 Home isn't activating. It's running Windows 10 Pro I don't know why, it's a friend's old computer but there is a digital license for Windows 10 Home on the device, which isn't being activated. This was the license I was using before my PC started having...
  3. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Activation Issue: Hi. My Windows 10 Home isn't activating. It's running Windows 10 Pro I don't know why, it's a friend's old computer but there is a digital license for Windows 10 Home on the device, which isn't being activated. This was the license I was using before my PC started having...
  4. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows home activation issue

windows home activation issue: I purchased Windows 10 Home on, August 29, 2018. one time purchase with Lap top but now I get warning to activate windows every after 3-4 days after activation. Word and excel become unlicensed products. Pl suggest. Dilip Harshey...
  6. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Activation Issue: Hi, I had recently built a new PC, and a friend had given me a Windows 10 Home product key to install Windows on booting up the computer. However, when I later went to buy a genuine Windows 10 Home License, my computer had listed the Edition under Activation as Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 Home Activation issues

Windows 10 Home Activation issues: I purchased a new laptop and downloaded my version of Windows Home 10 with no problems I checked with Microsoft that my old laptop had a digital licensed copy of Win 10 and they confirmed that it did and that I would have to de activate that license to allow it to work on my...
  8. Windows 10 home activation issues

Windows 10 home activation issues: I changed the hardware and I'm trying to activate my Windows 10 Home edition on my new PC but I get the error 0x803FA067. What do I have to do to activate Windows on the new PC?...
  9. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue

Windows 10 Home Activation Issue: I cannot seem to get a real human on the phone and need help troubleshooting this activation. I have a bad product key for Windows 10 Pro on my computer, two days ago I purchased Windows 10 Home via the Microsoft Store and have the product key. I went through the process to...
  10. Windows 10 Home Activation Issues

Windows 10 Home Activation Issues: My Windows 10 Home PC says this [ATTACH] even though I have a windows 10 activation in my Microsoft Account anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-activation-issues/263a368d-f2e1-41d7-8361-87a78b853c44"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Activate Windows 10 Home