Windows 10: Issues with activation after resetting PC

Discus and support Issues with activation after resetting PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, I was running Windows Updates on Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Pro. For whatever reason the Updates hung up and as a last resort I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WurthHOT, Mar 6, 2020.

1. WurthHOT Win User

Issues with activation after resetting PC

Good Afternoon, I was running Windows Updates on Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Pro. For whatever reason the Updates hung up and as a last resort I booted in Safe Mode and ran the Reset this PC. After the reset ran and Windows reloaded I now see that I am running a non-activated version of Windows 10 Enterprise.

Background: this Surface Pro 6 was purchased with Windows 10 Home, we then purchased an upgrade from Home to Pro through the Microsoft store and installed that back in October. Everything has been working fine until the Updates hung up yesterday.

Here is a screenshot of slmgr.vbs /dlv. Issues with activation after resetting PC 039c60fe-6fe9-4a09-b60e-86cb73765a96?upload=true.png

What do I need to do to get re-activated?

***Original title: Windows 10 activation invalid after Reset***

:)

WurthHOT, Mar 6, 2020

2. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

Thank you @NavyLCDR, I tried your suggestions but still have the same issue.
    @Superfly, My main issue is the fact that sppsvc.exe won't start and throws the Error 5 (Access Denied). I tried changing permissions, taking ownership etc. but still have the same issue.

I guess my next step is another restore :-(. I assume you mean a fresh install because the original issue was caused after I clicked "Reset this PC" option in system settings?

the5krunner, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.

I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?

Issues with activation after resetting PC [​IMG]

the5krunner, Mar 6, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues with activation after resetting PC - Similar Threads - Issues activation resetting

2. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  3. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  4. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation issues after reset: I hard reset my computer while it was frozen and I was gaming. It wouldn't restart, so I eventually used the reset windows utility to reset windows but keep my files. It signs in now, but it is saying I need to activate windows. I try and run the commands in the CMD prompt...
  5. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation issues after reset: I hard reset my computer while it was frozen and I was gaming. It wouldn't restart, so I eventually used the reset windows utility to reset windows but keep my files. It signs in now, but it is saying I need to activate windows. I try and run the commands in the CMD prompt...
  6. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Activate issues after PC reset

Activate issues after PC reset: I want to preface this by saying that I've been trying to reach out to Microsoft support for an hour now, only to find out that you can't actually chat or speak to a live agent and that you have to depend on kb articles and community posts to get a Microsoft issue resolved....
  8. windows activation issue after system reset

windows activation issue after system reset: I purchased a computer from Ebay. I had to do a system reset. As a result of this the activation for Windows got wiped. The original owner gave me the code but the system says this won't work....
  9. Windows 10 activation issue after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation issue after reset: Hello, Since I did a full reset on my laptop for cleaning purposes I have been having issues activating Windows 10 once again on my laptop. I'm using this laptop as a personal one and I'm the admin of it. Before I was getting "Windows 10 license will expire soon" message,...
  10. Can't activate after "reset this PC"

Can't activate after "reset this PC": Hi all, I installed a new M/B and subsequently performed a reset this PC action and now my W10 won't activate. I purchased W8 several years ago and had been using that key. My windows is up to date (just checked) and I'm getting error 0x803f7001 about not reaching the...