Windows 10: Issues with active window vlc, kmplayer, etc.. I need to click on it for it to work as it...

Discus and support Issues with active window vlc, kmplayer, etc.. I need to click on it for it to work as it... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello community, I've been having this issue just from yesterday, or the day before yesterday as far as I can remember, Windows had a new update 2 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eduardo Morales, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Issues with active window vlc, kmplayer, etc.. I need to click on it for it to work as it...

Hello community, I've been having this issue just from yesterday, or the day before yesterday as far as I can remember, Windows had a new update 2 days ago, then I played some video games and watched a few movies connecting to my TV via HDMI cable and now I've noticed that when I use a media player like VLC or KMPlayer and I go into fullscreen the shortcuts don't work, nothing works, the video runs fine but I can't control anything with the keyboard, I need to click on the screen for things to start working, kinda like having to bring it to the forefront, before it was normal, as you would exp

:)

Eduardo Morales, Aug 16, 2021

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 16, 2021
  3. rajn1 Win User
    Vidolan VLC works

Thanks CharlieVA for suggesting Videolan VLC Player. Its Free and it works!!
    Here are the steps, so everyone can benefit.
    1. Download Videolan VLC Player from the Internet. Click Run. Like all free software adding them and their partners to toolbars etc is pre checked. Uncheck all the ones you do not want and click Next until finished. There will be a clown hat at the bottom of your screen. Click it to launch the software.
    2. Right click on the Windows icon, then Control Panel, then Hardware/ Sound, you will see Autoplay under Devices and Printers
    3. Click on Change Default Settings for Media or Devices. For ‘Play DVD and for enhanced DVD’, choose Videolan VLC as the default option from the drop down.
    4. Click Save and you are good to Go !!

rajn1, Aug 16, 2021
  4. rajn1 Win User

Issues with active window vlc, kmplayer, etc.. I need to click on it for it to work as it...

Videolan VLC works

Thanks CharlieVA for suggesting Videolan VLC Player. Its Free and it works!!
    Here are the steps, so everyone can benefit.
    1. Download Videolan VLC Player from the Internet. Click Run. Like all free software adding them and their partners to toolbars etc is pre checked. Uncheck all the ones you do not want and click Next until finished. There will be a clown hat at the bottom of your screen. Click it to launch the software.
    2. Right click on the Windows icon, then Control Panel, then Hardware/ Sound, you will see Autoplay under Devices and Printers
    3. Click on Change Default Settings for Media or Devices. For ‘Play DVD and for enhanced DVD’, choose Videolan VLC as the default option from the drop down.
    4. Click Save and you are good to Go !!

rajn1, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

Issues with active window vlc, kmplayer, etc.. I need to click on it for it to work as it...

1. Issues with active window vlc, kmplayer, etc.. I need to click on it for it to work as it... - Similar Threads - Issues active window

2. VLC will not work on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC will not work on Windows 11 PC: VLC will not work on Windows 11 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-will-not-work-on-windows-11-pc/ee10fe5b-03c1-4b34-97e8-035ea0411123
  3. VLC will not work on Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC will not work on Windows 11 PC: VLC will not work on Windows 11 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-will-not-work-on-windows-11-pc/ee10fe5b-03c1-4b34-97e8-035ea0411123
  4. VLC is missing from the right click on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC is missing from the right click on Windows 11: I just downloaded Windows 11 I went to watch a folder of TV shows by right-clicking and then pressing play all but the feature no longer exists...
  5. VLC is missing from the right click on Windows 11

VLC is missing from the right click on Windows 11: I just downloaded Windows 11 I went to watch a folder of TV shows by right-clicking and then pressing play all but the feature no longer exists...
  6. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  7. Issues with VLC Media Player

Issues with VLC Media Player: Hi; I [finally] migrated from Windows 7 (ultimate) to Windows 10 (pro) on Jan 1. So far, I am pretty happy with the OS; much more so than when I first installed 10 as a 2nd OS in a multiple boot system (sharing with Win 7 & Ubuntu). That was back in 2016. It appears that...
  8. Video/ Audio Sync issues in Youtube/ VLC etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video/ Audio Sync issues in Youtube/ VLC etc: I have an ASUS laptop ironically called a '' . Series W508v. I bought it because I've had great luck with ASUS in the past and because it was an i7 6700 @2.6 with 16g ram and an SSD. I thought it was specc'd well enough for my uses. The original SSD died and under warranty...
  9. Need some help trying to activate Windows 10 etc.!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need some help trying to activate Windows 10 etc.!: Alright, so the other day I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I reserved a copy of Windows 10 and was notified when the update was ready. I upgraded and everything was fine and dandy, but I didn't like Windows 10 much at first so I reverted back to Windows 8.1. When I...
  10. I need help loading a VLC file

I need help loading a VLC file: A VLC audio file that previously worked in Windows 8 does not work now in Windows 10/ HOME version. At least I think that is the only difference. Hope you can help. The message is: Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'cdda:///E:/'. Check the log for...