Windows 10: Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro!

Discus and support Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Bought a computer from CyberPower PC... it's been one thing after another with this very expensive system so far. Had to send it back to be fixed BUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAMWolff, Apr 15, 2019.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro!

Bought a computer from CyberPower PC... it's been one thing after another with this very expensive system so far. Had to send it back to be fixed BUT before sending it back I was having the very same issues with additional drives (one optical and one a SATA HD) not being seen.

They claim the computer passed all their inspections so I ASSUME that all the SATA ports passed inspection but when I connect up an internal optical drive (blu ray) it's not seen in the BIOS or Windows 10 64 Pro. So something is up!

The tray ejects just fine so the power is fine but there is something amiss with the SATA connectivity. I've tried 3 cables and not all of them can be bad so I assume that something is not enabled in the BIOS. As a test I had an older SATA drive that's been blanked so connected that up to test, sure enough, it's not being seen. The motherboard has 8 SATA ports.. for some reason there are only 7 available, even in the motherboard manual there are only 7 mentioned as usable, which seems odd to me. But I've tried various SATA ports and none are working.

The Motherboard is an Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro board. I've looked through the manual, I've even asked CyberPower PC for help but as usual unless I bought it from them they won't help me, not even offering to help me with the BIOS setup to try to troubleshoot this. Horrible!!
    Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! [​IMG]

Before I had sent the computer back to them the last time to be fixed correctly there was this same issue with the optical drive as well as an additional SATA HD not being seen SO it seems they didn't fix or enable the settings correctly!

I've never bought a computer with a gaming motherboard before so the settings are a bit different from the previous mb's I've gotten in the past! I've written to Gigabyte about this but wanted to reach out to you guys as well in case there is an easy fix for this. I hate the idea of having to use external drives of any kind and really want these two drives internal and operational. I'm a graphics artist and this has waylaid me long enough!

Can anyone lend a hand in trying to trouble shoot this one last issue?

PS. My forum computer specs are for this computer I'm writing from as I'm setting up the new computer (which is what this post pertains too) so haven't updated forum specs as of yet! *Wink

Thanks for the help!
    Richard

:)

RAMWolff, Apr 15, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

GIGABYTE Intros Aorus X299 Ultra Gaming Pro Motherboard

GIGABYTE today introduced the Aorus X299 Ultra Gaming Pro motherboard, a similar revision to the original X299 Ultra Gaming, as the recently announced X299 Gaming 7 Pro is to the original X299 Gaming 7. The board is nearly identical to the X299 Ultra Gaming, but comes with an added wireless networking module.

GIGABYTE deployed the Killer Wireless-AC 1535 module, which provides 802.11ac 2x2 (dual-band) Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. The wired networking is still handled by an Intel i219-V controller, with an included license to cFosSpeed, a traffic-shaping utility that you can use to improve online gaming latencies. The Aorus X299 Ultra Gaming Pro will be priced roughly 20% higher than the X299 Ultra Gaming.

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! eXpyDATZAvwSopYg_thm.jpg

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! iSKR8de9HPJ0Az3V_thm.jpg

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! Iwi9gMkkynJ2nucc_thm.jpg

btarunr, Apr 15, 2019
  3. jiruna Win User
    GIGABYTE X299 Aorus Gaming 9 Motherboard Detailed

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! GIGABYTE-X299-AORUS-GAMING-9.jpg

jiruna, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

GIGABYTE Unveils Their Latest X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro Motherboard

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, has unveiled the new X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro motherboard. With support for the new Intel 18-Core i9 7980XE processor, the new motherboard is ready to elevate performance to the next level. Featuring an updated VRM design paired with Smart Fan 5 technology to satiate the power demands of the new 18-core processor while keeping the system icy cool, the new X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro is the definitive motherboard of choice for users who value performance first and foremost.

"The X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro motherboard is designed to fully support Intel's newest Core i9 7980XE processor." said Vincent Liu, Senior Associate Vice President of GIGABYTE's Motherboard Business Unit. "With our tried-and-true approach and seasoned experience, we have designed a motherboard that truly fulfills enthusiasts' highest expectations."

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! nMSBkisVVA63mLex_thm.jpg

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! 7QLQFx2iNbOXgSm5_thm.jpg

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! sAkzuBq52uSretAr_thm.jpg

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! AhpyDB3cQQQ87GqT_thm.jpg

The X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro motherboard utilizes a server-grade digital power design with 12 power phases, each providing up to 60 amps. A digital Intersil PWM controller has been implemented within the VRM to enhance the communication efficiency between the CPU and PWM. With the inclusion of the Turbo B-Clock tuning IC, the motherboard is geared to produce the best overclocking results.

Smart Fan 5 technology provides the perfect cooling solution for a motherboard that supports so many peripherals and impressive performance capabilities. Smart Fan 5 allows users to customize fan speeds and specify temperature parameters to their liking. Users also have the ability to allocate and configure fan headers in tangent with the thermal sensors to regulate temperatures on critical areas. The Active Cooling fan initiates to lower VRM temperatures once they surpass certain thresholds, mitigating the effects of excess heat on the VRM and CPU in overclocked systems.

RGB Fusion technology gives users the ability to illuminate the board with surround lighting to their own style. Components inside the chassis can also be lit up with support for external RGB LEDs, including Digital LED, RGBW and RGBUV. With Digital LED support, LED lights are individually addressable allowing for more patterns and effects than ever before. RGBW offers true white light and more vivid colors while RGBUV LED is the way to go for dark light effects. 5V and 12V LEDs in the form of strips, arrays or matrices can be added for additional flair.

The X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro motherboard provides gamers with the best gaming experience. It provides 3-Way SLI and CrossFire multi-graphics support which gives users the ability to increase their 3D performance through the use of multiple graphics cards and also allows for flexibility through expansion. For gaming connectivity, Killer + Intel GbE offers stable low latency network connections for users to take advantage of in-game. Featuring ESS Sabre DAC enhanced audio to offer audiophile level sound quality, the motherboard gives the user a competitive edge while gaming.

The motherboard provides outstanding storage performance with its triple PCIe x4 M.2 design protected by M.2 Thermal Guard and support for Intel Optane Memory technology, which operates as a cache drive that enhances hard drive performance to SSD levels. The motherboard is VROC ready (Virtual RAID On CPU) and enables the usage of CPU PCIe lanes for CPU RAID, further boosting storage performance. Whether it's for quickly booting up operating systems, faster game loading, or high speed data storage, the X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro motherboard does it all.

Durability is a defining feature of GIGABYTE motherboards. Ultra Durable 10K BlackTM Solid Caps reduce excess electrostatic charge and its effect on the system. GIGABYTE patented Double Locking brackets and Ultra Durable PCIe armor reinforce the connectors to uphold heavy graphics cards. With GIGABYTE DualBIOS technology providing users with an automated BIOS recovery option, the durability of this motherboard cannot be understated.

Aside from its impressive hardware specs, the X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Pro motherboard is also bundled with powerful software including the APP Center which allows the user to manage all GIGABYTE apps in a unified interface and offers a 14 day subscription of WTFAST GPN to provide up to 60% increased network speeds. Also included is a year's subscription of XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster, which allows gamers to stream awesome gameplay.

To learn more about GIGABYTE: GIGABYTE Global

Chino, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro! - Similar Threads - Issues add drives

2. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives not being seen: A bit of a weird one. I started noticing that my Western Digital drive wasn't being seen by my PC. Thought it could be the USB port or cable as a Freecom external drive was working ok. Then a friends WD external drive wasn't being seen at all. The other week I plugged in a...
  3. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drives not being seen: A bit of a weird one. I started noticing that my Western Digital drive wasn't being seen by my PC. Thought it could be the USB port or cable as a Freecom external drive was working ok. Then a friends WD external drive wasn't being seen at all. The other week I plugged in a...
  4. External drives not being seen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo: Hello, I have an Aorus Laptop that won’t allow me to restart it, I click restart, it turns back on, but freezes on the Aorus logo, it’s causing major issues because I can’t update drivers and such because it crashes on restart. I’ve unplugged everything, factory reset it,...
  6. AMD Card not being seen

AMD Card not being seen: Hi, I have just installed an AMD 5700 XT card however windows is not detecting it and only is only seeing the basic GPU on the motherboard. I am not sure if I need to change the bios settings or is there a way for windows to detect it so that I can load up the driver as...
  7. External Drive Not Seen by Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Drive Not Seen by Win 10 Pro: I have removed a functional 1TB WD SATA drive from an out-of-service Win7 Asus machine. It was the sole drive, and there are/were no jumpers set. I have put it in my functional USB Star Tech SATA/IDE disk caddy in the proper slot, but it is not seen in File explorer. Other...
  8. Printer being seen as scan only

Printer being seen as scan only: Installed an HP all in one back in July . It worked perfectly and then yesterday I started getting a message that no printer was installed. In settings the computer finds the printer, but when I click on it, it changes to scan only and then will not print. I have tried...
  9. Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro!

Issues with add in drives being seen, MB Aorus X299 Gaming 3 Pro!: Bought a computer from CyberPower PC... it's been one thing after another with this very expensive system so far. Had to send it back to be fixed BUT before sending it back I was having the very same issues with additional drives (one optical and one a SATA HD) not being...
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...