Windows 10: Issues with applications and taskbar function

Discus and support Issues with applications and taskbar function in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so essentially my pc will randomly choose one tab/application I have open and will only let me interact with that, while I can click on icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliviaChatfield, May 26, 2020.

1. Issues with applications and taskbar function

Hello,
    so essentially my pc will randomly choose one tab/application I have open and will only let me interact with that, while I can click on icons on the taskbar to switch to them and alt-tab to switch, I am still unable to interact with them. It lets me click on the power button on the taskbar, but doesn't interact with it. Upon restarting it either goes immediately back to not being able to interact or is okay for a little while before once again not letting me interact.
    I've tried; restarting explorer.exe, running all of the DISM commands and sfc /scannow, checked for updates, turned off tablet mode.

:)

OliviaChatfield, May 26, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    taskbar issues

Hello,

There are a lot of possible causes why you're having an issue with your taskbar and unable to launch applications, the issue may arise due to missing or corrupted system file. For better assistance, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you having an issue when pressing the Windows key to launch Cortana?
    • What are the applications that you're trying to open? Can you provide a list?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, May 26, 2020
  4. Issues with applications and taskbar function

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Issues with applications and taskbar function

1. Issues with applications and taskbar function - Similar Threads - Issues applications taskbar

2. Taskbar Search Functionality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Search Functionality: Hello, I'm looking to return functionality to the Taskbar Search feature. Even after all these years I'm still accustomed to pressing the Windows Key then searching for a specific file or folder. It would seem the Win10 search feature is solely for advertising Cortana and...
  3. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...
  4. Taskbar Functions Issues Since Update 21H1 KB5005033

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Functions Issues Since Update 21H1 KB5005033: Hey there, so I just updated Windows 10 Pro to version 21H1 KB5005033 and since then I cannot open the start menu and just begin typing a search if I currently am not on another window. Note that both of the issues I'm having only happen when my taskbar is positioned on the...
  5. Lock screen, Taskbar, Applications & Shortcut Issues

Lock screen, Taskbar, Applications & Shortcut Issues: I woke up in the morning finding out that my HDMI cable was stolen.I still have no idea who did but as I replaced it with a new HDMI cable, my device acted strange As seen in the images aboveAs I was placing the new HDMI cable, the monitor stated that the DVI cable was...
  6. Function keys not working on the application

Function keys not working on the application: If my f8 key raises the volume and an application tells me to press f8 to save a file, it will instead make the volume louder. Is there any fix to this?...
  7. Taskbar not functioning correctly.

Taskbar not functioning correctly.: Hey, I have an issue where the taskbar is constantly on top of every window, I am also unable to right-click anything on it no option pop up , calendar and notifications also won't open. I have gone thru the options, nothings specifically locked... Please help....
  8. Right click function of an application

Right click function of an application: Hello After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent. Also if i take the...
  9. search function on taskbar

in Cortana
    search function on taskbar: just reinstalled win 10 but a large black box p0ps up on screen , emanating from the search white box lower left taskbar and asks me to strart typing , search etc ... it disappears when i press escape bu t alway s returns.. i am using a german keboard , ie selexted in...
  10. Applications to taskbar

Applications to taskbar: How do I move a application that's on my taskbar to my desktop? For example, I have Netflix on my taskbar and i'd like to move it to my desktop. Thanks!...