Windows 10: Issues with background & Taskbar

Discus and support Issues with background & Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Since I updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have some really annoying issues with my Taskbar, search- and startbutton from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RemkoMartens, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Issues with background & Taskbar

Hello,

Since I updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have some really annoying issues with my Taskbar, search- and startbutton from Windows and backgrounds. The issues occur after my PC have been on for several hours. All the issues are all arising at the same time:

1. The taskbar, search and home-button stops responding

2. The background disappears

3. My second screen "crashes"

The weird thing about it is that when I restart my PC the issues are solved for several hours but soon will be coming back.

How can I solve these problems?

Kind Regards

Remko

:)

RemkoMartens, Jan 11, 2021

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsIssues with background & Taskbar :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2021
  4. eddiepop Win User

Issues with background & Taskbar

Changing background color of taskbar

New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions?

eddiepop, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Issues with background & Taskbar

1. Issues with background & Taskbar - Similar Threads - Issues background Taskbar

2. Missing taskbar and background shift

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing taskbar and background shift: I have 3 monitors and have had for years now. For about a week now, when I go to put my computer to sleep, everything seems to glitch, and I lose the taskbar on my middle/main screen, and all the icons I have on my middle and right screens shift to the left. If I restart my...
  3. Missing taskbar and background shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing taskbar and background shift: I have 3 monitors and have had for years now. For about a week now, when I go to put my computer to sleep, everything seems to glitch, and I lose the taskbar on my middle/main screen, and all the icons I have on my middle and right screens shift to the left. If I restart my...
  4. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  5. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  6. Background Issues

Background Issues: My background is incredibly blurry, despite the fact that the actual photo is not that blurry, how do I fix this issue.i tried using the center option in personalize but it made the picture too small....
  7. Distracting taskbar backgrounds

in Windows 10 Support
    Distracting taskbar backgrounds: Win10 home v. 1909 I'm suddenly seeing a distracting variety of background colors for the program icons in my taskbar. How can I make the backgrounds uniform (preferably the same light blue as in the empty part of the taskbar)? 157634
  8. Taskbar background

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar background: Hi. I was playing settings, hits some wrong buttons, fixed all but one. Taskbar, light, light greyish blue, prefer original. Any help much appreciated, Dave 144232
  9. Background Issue

Background Issue: After last upgrade I can't change my desktop background. When I select it nothing happens. Somebody can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-issue/7c33fb93-82a3-4df8-9adb-f8c808d0f237
  10. Changing background color of taskbar

Changing background color of taskbar: New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions? 22356