Windows 10: Issues with Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10

Discus and support Issues with Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Bluetooth headset to clear up come of the cables/ports to my PC. I've run into quite a few problems with the way Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CalebAlvarez, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Issues with Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10

I recently purchased a Bluetooth headset to clear up come of the cables/ports to my PC. I've run into quite a few problems with the way Bluetooth functions on Windows 10.

Up until this point, I've been able to find answers to all my questions. I have a problem when I pause a youtube video, receive a call on Discord, or use dedicated music or audio application Spotify. As soon as the audio is finished song ends, discord call finishes ringing, or is picked up or is paused, all other audio stops transmitting to my Bluetooth BT device. The mixer shows that it is still picking up sound on the correct playback option too and that I should still be able to hear it. Resuming video/music allows for the other application and system sounds to continue.

At first, I thought this was an issue with my specific headset. Switched out to a different BT device and still had this problem. The next thing I thought of was maybe it's a driver issue. I researched the latest BT and Realtek Drivers for my motherboard and I did have an update, but the issue remains.

It still could very well be a driver issue, but perhaps a different one I haven't thought of yet. Another possibility is that there may be different audio drivers interfering with each other, but I don't have any proof of that. I tried disabling all the other playback devices on my computer that aren't the BT Stereo output. Still nothing.

I've found multiple Microsoft forums about this same exact issue but every thread I've seen is locked with no definitive solution. Interestingly enough, people found some solutions for specific applications, such as Disabling Media Sessions Service in chrome://flags. This action solves the problem where all audio goes silent when a youtube video is paused or ends.

Am I missing a driver? Are there some settings in the property that has to be changed? Does it have to do with the way Windows 10 separates sounds between Hands-Free AG Audio and BT Stereo? It is worth noting that I've tried disabling the Hands- Free AG Audio devices, but this makes no change.

I've seen some people have issues with Hands-Free AG Audio when using the microphone of a BT Headset, but I use a dedicated condenser microphone instead, although I do have a microphone on my headset.

Since solutions exist for specific apps regarding this issue, doesn't that signify a change can be made somewhere on the system itself to prevent the issue altogether?

The main problem I'm having is that whenever my friends call me on Discord, I answer the call, and then all of my computer audio goes silent, including the call itself. The only way I can fix it is by restarting my headset.

:)

CalebAlvarez, Feb 25, 2021
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 25, 2021
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Feb 25, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Issues with Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10

Bluetooth in windows 10

WiFi Routers - All series|ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|ASUS Global

P4-630, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Issues with Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10

1. Issues with Bluetooth functionality on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Issues Bluetooth functionality

2. Bluetooth Not Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Not Functioning: This morning, I woke up and put on my headphones to find that bluetooth was missing from my laptop. It came with bluetooth and has worked for 2+ years. Here's a screenshotand yes i scrolled down, all it said was nearby sharing, cast, and project:...
  3. Bluetooth Not Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Not Functioning: This morning, I woke up and put on my headphones to find that bluetooth was missing from my laptop. It came with bluetooth and has worked for 2+ years. Here's a screenshotand yes i scrolled down, all it said was nearby sharing, cast, and project:...
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Bluetooth Issues: Hello, I have a brand new MSI laptop with windows 10 pro. When I use my Bluetooth mouse, or my Bluetooth stylus, it lags for a split second. If I am using the mouse and continue to keep it moving, it won't lag. But if I don't touch the mouse for a few seconds and go to move...
  5. BLUETOOTH ISSUE - NO ICON, NO FUNCTIONALITY, NO CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUETOOTH ISSUE - NO ICON, NO FUNCTIONALITY, NO CONNECTION: Hi everyoneSo I have had a reoccuring issue with bluetooth on my laptop this past year. In the past I have been able to get it working again, usually my reinstalling the bluetooth driver. This time though that hasn't worked, and I have tried every option I could find on the...
  6. Bluetooth issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth issue Windows 10: Mac os is working perfectly with Bluetooth... Windows is one big issue. Gamepad Headphones and other devices not working correctly at all. I bought multiple Bluetooth adapters but the issue with the software with Windows 10. Please Could you fix this issue?...
  7. Bluetooth is not functioning

Bluetooth is not functioning: Bluetooth is not shown in Device manager- view hidden. model number - 4J40RP1 DELL INSPIRON N5010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-functioning/4ecba1d0-70a2-4093-a191-b8398da077b1
  8. Bluetooth Issue on Windows 10

Bluetooth Issue on Windows 10: Hello, I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 10. The laptop has Bluetooth capability, which I have been using with the laptop (mainly for audio), since I purchased it 2 months ago. Today, when I started my computer for the day, I could not find the Bluetooth icon in the...
  9. Windows 10 bluetooth function stopped working

Windows 10 bluetooth function stopped working: Hello, I've used bluetooth devices successfully with my laptop for years until today. Suddenly, my headphones can no longer reconnect (although they can connect to my phone fine). This happened once as I walked out of the room and my headphones disconnected from the laptop,...
  10. Bluetooth Issue Windows 10

Bluetooth Issue Windows 10: My computer is a custom build and has no built in Bluetooth. So I bought a CSR Harmony 4.0 bluetooth adapter and installed the drivers. My computer recognizes it and says it is working and enabled. But it did not give me bluetooth. So I did the troubleshooter and got the...