Windows 10: Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

Discus and support Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by askman, Sep 23, 2020.

1. askman Win User

Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams.

When I turn on the PC and headphones, I have two devices shown under Sounds > Playback - headphones and headset. The headset is also available under Sounds > Recording so I am assuming that this is the microphone element of my Bluetooth headphones.

When I start MS Teams, audio only works if the headset is selected for both Speaker and Microphone under the options in MS Teams, however the audio quality is terrible when listening with the headset as the active device.

I had resolved this by disabling the headset under Sounds > Playback, but this stops any audio working in MS teams.

I could deal with the poor quality if it was only the audio from the MS Teams call but when I set the headset as the speaker device in Teams it stops any other applications from using the headphones device.

:)

askman, Sep 23, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 23, 2020
  3. JoeShades Win User
    Bluetooth headphones

I bought these headphones Amazon.com: Matone® Qy8 [New Version Qy7] V4.1 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Best In-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones with Microphone for Running, Sports Accessories. I connected them fine to my Iphone and Ipod but having problems with Windows I got them to pair but sound still comes through regular speakers only. In sound settings it lists the bluetooth headphones but says disconnected. I click on connect but that does nothing. Do not know what else to do

JoeShades, Sep 23, 2020
  4. AliseReid Win User

Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams - Similar Threads - Issues Bluetooth headphones

2. Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected: hello! i have recently seen a lot of problems regarding headset mics not working, so in this discussion, I will cover Bluetooth headphones and what worked for me first of all, check in settings, system, mic, and please make sure that your mic is turned on and apps are...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones’ Microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones’ Microphone: I recently bought the Sennheiser HD 450 headphones. When I connect them to my ASUS 505DT laptop, I am able to use them as speakers but am unable to use the in built microphone. I googled this but that didn’t help. I am able to select “Hands free AG” as a mic source but it...
  4. Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams: I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams. When I turn on the PC and headphones, I have two devices shown under Sounds > Playback - headphones and headset. The headset...
  5. Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones

Audio and microphone issue with bluetooth headphones: When trying to listen to music and make a video call using teams, my music audio is cut off and only video call audio works. I noticed when i change my output to headset instead of headphones, i can hear both audio ,i.e, from music and video call. But unfortunately the...
  6. Issue with bluetooth headphones

Issue with bluetooth headphones: I normally use a pair of Sony WH-100XM3 with my Windows 10 laptop. Up until the other day, when I clicked on the volume icon in the bottom right corner of the scree, I had two options, headphones and headset. The headphones have a mic and are able to make calls with a phone....
  7. Incompatibility Issues with Microsoft Teams and Bluetooth Headsets

Incompatibility Issues with Microsoft Teams and Bluetooth Headsets: When will Microsoft fix all Audio issues with Microsoft Teams. Several headsets including the Beats Wireless Headsets do not work properly with Microsoft Teams. You can connect these headsets to a Windows 10 Laptop successfully and open up Windows Music Player and play music...
  8. Bluetooth headphones and microphone

Bluetooth headphones and microphone: Hi all, More than one year I’m dealing with problem using my bluetooth headphones and microphone for skype call or teams call althrough it supports Hand-free mode on my Sony WHCH500. When select handsfree mode, other can hear me, but I can’t hear anyone. Has anybody know...
  9. Bluetooth headphones with integrated microphone.

Bluetooth headphones with integrated microphone.: Is there a way to use the built-in microphone without degrading the audio from my bluetooth headphones? Let me explain, when I use the bluetooth headphones without the microphone, everything sounds normal, but when I activate the microphone the sound degrades. I already...
  10. Microphone on Bluetooth headphones will not work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone on Bluetooth headphones will not work!: After having some issues with my microphone the audio in the headphones was terrible... I searched up some tutorials to try and fix it and I turned off hands free telephony it worked to fix my audio but now it combined two parts of my headphones one called headset and one...