Windows 10: Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

Discus and support Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiegoLirussi, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution to set to disable this attribute folder but is not recursive to subfolders and files. I can't set one by one all files and folders.Is there a solution?

:)

DiegoLirussi, Oct 17, 2021
  2. ReyKenobi Win User

Date Attributes of Parent Folder based on Child Folder Attributes

Hi,

Running Windows 10 ver 1909 (build 18363.1256)

I am looking for a way to change Date Attributes (at the very least, the Date Created attribute) of a series of Folders. Each folder has one or more sub-folders that have a date in the Folder Name, and each of their Date Created attribute reflects this same date too.

I would like the Parent Folder to have the latest Date Created of its sub-folders.

Example:
    Parent Folder:
    • Project-XYZ

Child Folders:
    • SubTask - 2019-08-07 - Title - Otherinfo
    • SubTask - 2021-02-05 - Title - Otherinfo
    • SubTask - 2020-06-19 - Title - Otherinfo

I would like the Date Created timestamp of Project-XYZ to be the latest from the SubTask folders, which in this case would be 2021-02-05.

Please note: I don't want the date reflected in the folder name, but in the Date Created attribute.

ReyKenobi, Oct 17, 2021
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Case sensitive DNS error

I ran into this earlier this week in trying to use Remote Desktop Connection to get to one of my laptops. It's related to the RDP certificate for the remote device. While machine names are not case-sensitive, certificate names are indeed case-sensitive. Upon seeing your post just now, I said "Hmmm. I wonder if this applies to me, too?" Here's what I just produced from my own network:

Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders. [​IMG]

Notice that when I ping the working certificate name ("t520") the command completes successfully. But when I ping the very machine name that shows up in the ping reply ("T520") it fails. This tells me there's a problem with name resolution for machine names caused by case sensitivity. I think it's probably certificate related, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to report this to MS via the Feedback Hub. I'll post a link here after I do that. We should ALL upvote it. This is NOT the way that UNC names are supposed to work on MS networks!
    --Ed--

PS Added 10 Minutes Later: Now posted to Feedback hub as "Machine names now case-sensitive on the LAN." Please Upvote!

PPS: Now that I think further on this, this cannot be a DNS Issue. DNS does not resolve local UNC names: that's a NetBIOS thing. See this MS Support article for an explanation Microsoft TCP/IP Host Name Resolution Order. If you read it through, it doesn't get handled until step 4 "the NetBIOS name resolution sequence." To confirm this, you can easily check that nslookup won't resolve machine names in any case (Upper/Lower/whatever). Interestingly, while nbtstat works on my LAN it is completely case-indifferent. This just keeps getting weirder!

EdTittel, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

Keyboard sensitivity issue

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this, i have a computer that has a keyboard sensitivity issue only in File Explorer.

this is a Windows 10 Enterprise laptop. This occurs with built in keyboard and when an external keyboard is used.

This sensitivity is not an issue in Applications such as Microsoft Word 2016 or notepad.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Windowsfree, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

1. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders. - Similar Threads - Issues case sensitive

2. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  3. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  4. Folder attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder attributes: Need to be able to easily add/change attributes, e.g selecting a bunch of files and being able to say what week or semester they are in, saves having to create daunting folder structures...
  5. Making the system disk case-sensitive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the system disk case-sensitive: Windows 10 allows you to set NTFS to case-sensitive on a per-folder basis using setCaseSensitiveInfo (powershell command). Question is: Is it safe to do this for the whole system disk? The reasoning is that although I don't care whether OS files are case-sensitive or not,...
  6. Folder Attribution

Folder Attribution: How shall I remove the "Read Only' attribution from a folder / file in Win 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-attribution/fa83146a-1157-47ea-9f3e-71fd42f9446c"
  7. How to enable Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you have ever used Linux, you would know that you can save a file or a folder with Case Sensitive characters. But the sad part is that if using Windows OS, you cannot use Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders. [...] This post How to enable Case Sensitive Attribute...
  8. Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?: My i ask if SCEP & Windows defender exclusion is case sensitive? for example if i exclude C:\teabox.exe or C:\TeaBox.exe have the same behavior? Thanks Qian Ming Ji...
  9. Case sensitive DNS error

Case sensitive DNS error: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 v1803 last night, and in general all worked well. However I could not remote desktop into my work laptop. I work from home, and it is easier if I dial in to my machine from my main pc (3 screens, nice desk etc.). After about an hour of trying to...
  10. Enable or Disable Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Case Sensitive Attribute for Folders in Windows 10 If you have used the Windows Subsystem for Linux, youre probably aware that it allows you to treat your Windows file...