Windows 10: Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update

Discus and support Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 64bit 1903 we are seeing that all of your computer with Cellular modems have the Cellular radio showing in the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeff Hlava, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update

After updating to Windows 10 64bit 1903 we are seeing that all of your computer with Cellular modems have the Cellular radio showing in the network tray as "Turned Off", strangely it is connected and working as i can get on the internet. However this causes an issue with some programs as they see that the network is "Turned Off" and they error out saying there is no network connection.

I am unable to just click the button in the system tray to turn on the Cellular, in order to get the Cellular radio to show as connected, i must turn on Airplane Mode and then turn Airplane Mode off and then the Cellular will Turn On and show as Connected.

I am seeing this on every single computer that we have with a cellular connection. I am wondering if there is a fix for it either in an update or a registry change that can be made.

Any ideas?

:)

Jeff Hlava, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Windows Update loss of cellular network connection

Hi Andre,

When you update your PC, all drivers should be updated as well.

To resolve issues in missing cellular network adapter, we recommend that you update your network drivers. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the network driver and select Update.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hello Eric,

This problem has appeared again and I tried this but the cellular adapter was already enabled. The system still indicated there was no connection. This is the third Verizon SIM card we've sent to this user and I confirmed the card is active and there's nothing
    wrong with our Verizon account. Also, it was working for a while the other day and then recently stopped again. It appears as if the laptop randomly stops detecting the card. This has happened to at least two other users over the past month as well. But for
    this one user in particular, it seems to be an ongoing problem.

Hi,

Just to check, are you still having issues with your cellular/sim connection?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Hello,

Yes. The cellular adapter seems to disappear often.

Thank you for your reply.

Given that the network connection settings is properly configured and there's no problem with your internet service provider, it seems that the network adapter itself is having an issue. In this case, we suggest contacting the device manufacturer for a hardware
    checking.

Please post back if you have any Windows concerns for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update

1. Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Issues Cellular Network

2. Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network: I have just upgraded to windows 11. Now the cellular option is not appearing anymore I'm using a Hp 250 G8 notebook pc . How can solve this problem...
  3. Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network: I have just upgraded to windows 11. Now the cellular option is not appearing anymore I'm using a Hp 250 G8 notebook pc . How can solve this problem...
  4. Cellular Network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular Network connection: Whenever I insert a sim card in my Lenovo T430s laptop, I see Can't connect to this network. Add an Internet APN and make sure you have an active data connection.... Could anyone here know a solution for this?...
  5. Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update

Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update: We had this issue on our Dell Latitudes after we performed latest windows 10 2004 feature update where several applications such as Skype for Business & Outlook can't sense network connectivity until you disable and re-enable the network card interface as shown below:...
  6. Cellular cannot connect after update 2020

Cellular cannot connect after update 2020: Hello dear microsoft i have a hp revolve 810 that has cellular and can connect to network before new update . 2020 and 2004 after upgrate windows to news version cellular can ture on and finds mobile network but just cannot connect ....
  7. cellular network

cellular network: please my HP EITEBOOK FOLIO 9480M is not displaying the CELLULAR options in my settings how do i resolve this. For windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network/db2962fb-1898-46b5-a9f5-641a9be6a97c
  8. Network Bridge Issues after 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Bridge Issues after 1903 Update: I had a working Internet Connection Sharing established between my Pdanet USB cellphone tether (usb-c) and my Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller (feeding out to Asus router). Updating from 1803 to 1903 instantly broke the ICS. Pdanet still shows as shared to the Realtek,...
  9. network connectivity with a cellular sim card

network connectivity with a cellular sim card: a sim slot is already given in my device hp elite folio9480m but it does not support window 10 os {64bit} then what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connectivity-with-a-cellular-sim-card/6fe3c726-9667-420b-8449-79beeec9ee19
  10. Not connected to cellular network

Not connected to cellular network: Hi everyone, my win 10 hp laptop won't connect to my cellular network i use a vodafone modem (k4201) any i have set up APN and cellular network shows CONNECTED But when i check connection status in settings, it says am not connected to any network when i troubleshoot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone lost celluler connection

2. win 10 1903 cellular verizon missing

3. verizon connection manager app issues with win 10 1903