Windows 10: Issues with clean install

Discus and support Issues with clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cViking, May 11, 2020.

1. cViking Win User

Issues with clean install

So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem fine, tried legacy and UEFI settings. Tried to install from USB, is starts loading thes then I ghet windows failed to start weith error 0xc0000225, Cannot seem to figure out where to go from here. I cannot access the recover windows menu or the menu to delete partisons.

Please help, thanks

:)

cViking, May 11, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 11, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps performed to resolve the issue. However, let’s try with the further troubleshooting steps and see if it works. Initially, I would suggest you to create a bootable media with a USB/Flash drive of capacity 8GB.
    For better understanding, you may watch the video with the procedure from the article on
    How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step
    Guide

Set the boot priority to USB once after creating a bootable media using a USB and proceed with the Windows Installation. On the drive selection window, press Shift + F10 keys to open the Command Prompt. Then follow the steps listed
    below:

• Type the following command in the Command Prompt window and press Enter:
      diskpart
    • Once after executing the above command, type the following command to list the current drives and press Enter:
      list disk
    • List disk will give you the list of drives, use the following command to select the drive and press Enter: select disk 0
    • Type the following command to check if the disk is online: online disk
      (if the disk is not online)
    • Type the following command to clean the drive and press Enter:
      clean
    • To create a partition, type the following command and press Enter:
      create partition primary
    • To select the partition that you created, type the following command and press Enter:
      select partition 1
    • To set the partition active, type the following command and press Enter:
      active (if this is the boot partition)
    • Type the following command to assign a drive letter and press Enter:
      assign letter(letter)
    • After completing all this, close the command prompt screen and click on
      refresh button.
    • Then you will only have one drive with “unallocated space”, just select the partition to start the installation.

Let us know how it goes and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Issues with clean install - Similar Threads - Issues clean install

2. Windows 11 clean instal issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean instal issues: Hello everyone and thank you to anyone who tries to assist with my issue, it is starting to drive me crazy...I was having some small instability issues while running windows 11 games randomly closing and the odd blue screen whilst booting I cannot remember the exact bsod...
  3. Windows 11 Clean Install issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Clean Install issue?: Hi!So my question is about a possible lag/freeze during a reset/clean install of Windows 11. However, I do feel the need to start from the top and explain what is going on and WHY I am doing a clean install as well.I have only had my PC for a little under 2 years. The PC has...
  4. Windows 11 Clean Install issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Clean Install issue?: Hi!So my question is about a possible lag/freeze during a reset/clean install of Windows 11. However, I do feel the need to start from the top and explain what is going on and WHY I am doing a clean install as well.I have only had my PC for a little under 2 years. The PC has...
  5. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  6. Used laptop clean install issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used laptop clean install issue.: Hi I recently picked up used thinkpad. I’m trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro on it. I have downloaded windows 10 onto usb and from there I can get to the the point where it gets to picking a network connection. When I choose my WiFi network it takes me to a...
  7. Clean install v1903 - Permissions issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean install v1903 - Permissions issues: I have just reinstalled v1903 from scratch yesterday and now I have a lot of issues regarding permissions. I have to run as administrator a lot of apps to be able to open my files (they are on desktop) (Excel for instance). My Documents, desktop and everything else are moved...
  8. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  9. Clean install - now network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean install - now network issue: my sons PC has been getting very slow .... Dell E521 but no errors and no network issues. Decided to do a clean install of all. So used the Dell OS re-install to put in a clean install of XP-Professional Obviously first thing to do is to get network connectivity all OK...
  10. A lot of issues after a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of issues after a clean install: Hey guys, I did a clean install of 10240 this weekend and at first I had a problem: It was only seeing 9.97GB of RAM out of 12 but I can live with that. But now some programs take over 10 minutes to start and the file explorer stops working when I try to left click on...