Windows 10: Issues with clean Win10 Install

Discus and support Issues with clean Win10 Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kekkon, Mar 27, 2021.

1. kekkon Win User

Issues with clean Win10 Install

Issues with clean Win10 Install [​IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up until the step to delete partitions. I got an error message for each of the Disk 0 1-4 partitions. So I saw to use ****+f10 to get to cmd and use diskpart, select disk 0, clean, convert to gpt i believe. I got the I/O device error during the clean step of diskpart. I saw a fix to this is to open another cmd, as shown in picture i hope it isn’t too blurry, that if i use chkdsk /f /r /x it’d fix but i get the message “cannot open volume for direct access”. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place so anything to help would be greatly appreciated.

PS, I don’t know my specs, or how to check them, I just know it’s a IBP prebuilt pc with an intel process and nvidia graphics card.

:)

kekkon, Mar 27, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 27, 2021
  4. SJMaye Win User

Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Issues with clean Win10 Install - Similar Threads - Issues clean Win10

2. How to install a clean copy of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a clean copy of Win10: I've created the MS Media Creation USB and when I boot it I only see the circulating Media Creation dots and no installation tools appear.Thus far I've changed my American megatrend ASUS Debluxe-Dual CMOS to only boot from the USB device that the Media Creation tool was put...
  3. How to get a clean install of Win10

How to get a clean install of Win10: Hello, I have a Lenovo notebook that's running slowly due to a monitor driver situation. I ran reset from Win10 settings which didn't help. Then I used Win media tool to make a boot usb and reloaded Win10. This didn't work either. Neither one even removed the desktop...
  4. Issues with clean install

Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  5. Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later: I setup Windows 10 on clean install, on a new SSD for an emulation/gaming PC to keep in the living room. Running Version 1901 Win10 Pro It has been running fine, but 6 days or so ago my son mentioned it was acting weird and I have observed the following - The Microsoft...
  6. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10: Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum...
  7. Can’t boot clean install of Win10

Can’t boot clean install of Win10: i have a dual boot setup and was not able to complete updates on one of the os’s so decided to do a clean install of it with the new update. Used a dvd install after downloading the iso file from MS, the install finished and i was able to get through the initia setup of the...
  8. BSOD off clean install of Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD off clean install of Win10: After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process failure/bsod. Often times I will not even get that far, and it will simply crash the moment it boots. I have already attempted...
  9. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  10. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...