Windows 10: Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window

Discus and support Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i, Intel Iris plus graphics If you need any more info to help me solve this issue, let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmilyMcDermott1, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i, Intel Iris plus graphics If you need any more info to help me solve this issue, let me know.

I've been having an issue over the past few days where when I open a window this happens frequently to basically anything that isn't directly part of the computer settings/control panel/etc. the colours on my entire screen not just the window, this also happens to my desktop background and taskbar become much more saturated and the contrast seems to have been increased also. This problem has even appeared when I open up the Start menu while I have another window open. I've followed a lot of advice I've found online given to people with similar issues, I've calibrated display settings and updated the drivers for my graphics card, but nothing seems to be working. I don't think this issue is to do with my laptop itself, as it is brand new and I only purchased it this month. I don't think I've downloaded anything that could be causing this, as I only use this laptop for schoolwork and I am the only person using it.

Any advice for what else I could try to fix this issue?

Thanks.

:)

EmilyMcDermott1, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window

Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window

1. Issues with colour on display whenever I open an app or window - Similar Threads - Issues colour display

2. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.: To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic restart function in the Startup and Recovery section, opening the CMD prompt and typing gpupdate and chkdsk c:. I have also...
  3. Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 restarts whenever I open the Photos app.: To summarize, my month-old desktop computer has been shutting off and resetting every time I open the Photos app. I have tried to disable the automatic restart function in the Startup and Recovery section, opening the CMD prompt and typing gpupdate and chkdsk c:. I have also...
  4. Negative colouring of display whenever a notification or device is connected to my Win 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Negative colouring of display whenever a notification or device is connected to my Win 11...: I am facing a similar kind of problem which is visible in this link:-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-receive-a-notification-my-whole-screen/c29d7d61-75e5-44fa-ba08-1f4920e3e5c3?page=2. I had got Win 10 Home laptop and had recently upgraded to Win...
  5. Negative colouring of display whenever a notification or device is connected to my Win 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Negative colouring of display whenever a notification or device is connected to my Win 11...: I am facing a similar kind of problem which is visible in this link:-https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-receive-a-notification-my-whole-screen/c29d7d61-75e5-44fa-ba08-1f4920e3e5c3?page=2. I had got Win 10 Home laptop and had recently upgraded to Win...
  6. All Microsoft apps display this message whenever i try to open them and even after pressing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps display this message whenever i try to open them and even after pressing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/7amok_sha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lo66ip/all_microsoft_apps_display_this_message_whenever/
  7. Colours Issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colours Issue.: My Colours will not work! Settings > Personalization >Colours. Everything is jammed! I can't slide the slider along or untick boxes. On any of the following. Transparency effects: Accent Colour: Custom Colour: Start Taskbar & Action Centre: Tile Borders & Window...
  8. Windows Apps Colour

Windows Apps Colour: I have updated my windows 10 to Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. After updating some windows apps like Camera, Photos, Alarms and Clocks, etc. these apps got new icon and a 'default blue' background. Even after changing my personlization settings to Red colour Windows Apps do...
  9. Colour issue

Colour issue: Can anyone tell ne why the grey lines of my computer are now a washed out yellow? All other colours render perfectly but what should be grey throughout the OS is yellow see image for example, where my mouse is. This extends to word, settings, chrome, anywhere there should...
  10. Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs

Colours are not displaying correctly in Windows programs: When I turned on my PC, I was shocked to see that the background turned black. But I managed to sign in, receiving all Windows programs with changed colours. For instance Word, PowerPoint etc show black instead of white and vise verse. Google Chrome looks almost good but...