Windows 10: Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frost King, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail

I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail.

(1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts of mine. I have no idea where these are coming from. Not being able to locate the weird email addresses, I deleted all contacts in Yahoo and all contacts in Outlook (I have all my contacts in Thunderbird as well). I then checked in Mail and again, same thing happened. Not sure how anything showed up when all contacts in both Yahoo and Outlook had been deleted. Anyway, I proceeded to (2) below.

Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail d5efef6b-0237-4217-8fd4-eed389472dee?upload=true.png

(2) I'm now trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I exported the file in .csv format from Thunderbird. Can this be rectified without manually having to copy/paste all email addresses into the correct field?

(3) In order to work, it seems that any new contact has to be added online to either Outlook or Yahoo and not directly to Windows 10 Mail, is that correct?

Thank you for your time.

:)

Frost King, Mar 14, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail

Configuring additional Contacts accounts in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Pro

In Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Pro, I can add a Contacts Folder?/Address Book? by undertaking the following steps:

1. Go to Start->Control Panel->Mail(32-bit)
    2. Select 'Show Profiles...' and double-click the correct profile for my system
    3. Select 'E-mail Accounts...'
    4. Under the 'E-mail' tab, select 'New...'
    5. Make sure that 'E-mail Account' is selected and hit 'Next >'
    6. Fill in the name, email address, and password for the given account and hit 'Next >'.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure the same profile in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Pro.

Any thoughts?

Strawberry, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail

1. Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Issues Contacts Outlook

2. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  3. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  4. Outlook (group) contact vs. iOS contact/mail

Outlook (group) contact vs. iOS contact/mail: Outlook 365/current version iOS/Win10.0.19... Intent: Send a group email from the iPhone using iOS native email client. What I've done: 1. Created 'Test' group in desktop OL contacts containing 3 contacts/emails 2. Open contacts on the phone 3. Click Groups (default the...
  5. windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mail 10 adding contacts from email issue: Hello, When I started with my current computer I was able to use the Mail app to add contact information from received emails directly into the people app. All I had to do was click on the name and either save it or open contact and it would take me to the people app...
  6. Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail

Is it possible to export a Contact' group' from Outlook 2007 to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and am trying to export my contact 'Groups' to the new device. I can find information on how to export 'Contacts' from Outlook 2007 into Windows 10 mail, but I have a number of 'Groups' set up, and they don't export when creating a...
  7. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  8. How to delete contacts from windows 10, Outlook or Spectrum web mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete contacts from windows 10, Outlook or Spectrum web mail?: How to delete contacts from windows 10, Outlook or Spectrum web mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-contacts-from-windows-10-outlook-or/703adeba-1783-435a-985b-3be7954fd822
  9. How to sync 8.1 Outlook contacts to Windows 10 mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How to sync 8.1 Outlook contacts to Windows 10 mail?: Win 10 picked up most of my Contacts from 8.1 but not all of them, and shows none of the contents of any of the Folders, showing the message 'not synced yet'. Attempts to sync Contacts gets the error msg ' 0x80070032' and refers to a Windows phone site for explanation. I have...
  10. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...