Windows 10: Issues With Creating a Family Group

Discus and support Issues With Creating a Family Group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I've been having issues creating a family group and every time I try to invite someone it keeps on popping up a message saying "it's not you, it's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RonitSchwartz, May 3, 2021.

1. Issues With Creating a Family Group

So I've been having issues creating a family group and every time I try to invite someone it keeps on popping up a message saying "it's not you, it's us." This started happening just after I deleted the family group I've already had. I've even tried inviting myself to a family group on another account but it just wouldn't work. Also this has been happening for over a week now. Even me contacting Microsoft support multiple times wouldn't help since they didn't know what was wrong with it. I am hoping to find the answer to the problem here since I can't find it anywhere else.

:)

RonitSchwartz, May 3, 2021

2. Create contact group

Hi Suzy,

To narrow down your concern in creating a contact group, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages in creating a contact group? If yes, what is the error?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, May 3, 2021
  4. Issues With Creating a Family Group

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Issues With Creating a Family Group

1. Issues With Creating a Family Group - Similar Threads - Issues Creating Family

2. Unable to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Family Group: I bought a Microsoft 365 Family subscription at the end of November and activated it on 04.12.23 for one year. To this day, I can't connect my family members.If I try to share email, I get an error "We encountered an error. Wait a few minutes and try again. TraceID:...
  3. Unable to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Family Group: I bought a Microsoft 365 Family subscription at the end of November and activated it on 04.12.23 for one year. To this day, I can't connect my family members.If I try to share email, I get an error "We encountered an error. Wait a few minutes and try again. TraceID:...
  4. Unalbe to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unalbe to create Family Group: Unable to create Family Group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unalbe-to-create-family-group/89b07ff3-6447-4eae-8465-f7d328dfe254
  5. Unalbe to create Family Group

Unalbe to create Family Group: Unable to create Family Group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unalbe-to-create-family-group/89b07ff3-6447-4eae-8465-f7d328dfe254
  6. Family Group Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Group Issues: Hi,I am having issues with a laptop I use for my business employees to use. When I got it I set it up as a child in a family group. However, it has suddenly started blocking a website we use everyday and is essential to the day to day running of the business. When we try to...
  7. Family Group Issues

Family Group Issues: Hi,I am having issues with a laptop I use for my business employees to use. When I got it I set it up as a child in a family group. However, it has suddenly started blocking a website we use everyday and is essential to the day to day running of the business. When we try to...
  8. Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge: Hey guys, I'm having this issue where random sites are blocked for me on Microsoft edge by the Microsoft family services content filtering function. The weird part is that the account I've used to log into my laptop/edge isn't in a family group at all. I've tried creating a...
  9. Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group: I have set up a Family Group. I am granting access to an app, but when my child attempts to access the app. The "Ask permission" window pops up again. We are in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group/0e02f8a8-3559-4b67-a6d4-64f5e811135e
  10. Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group: How to: Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group How to Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the Microsoft Store. Once you set up your family...