Windows 10: Issues with Defender

Discus and support Issues with Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello my name is Jason I'm been reading this forms last few days back on tues I have updated windows 1909 to windows 2004 I have last few days... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by y2jman, Jun 21, 2020.

1. y2jman Win User

Issues with Defender

hello my name is Jason

I'm been reading this forms last few days back on tues I have updated windows 1909 to windows 2004

I have last few days chatted with Microsoft agent not sure what to do maybe they will run today or not

I need help maybe somebody can share if they are having same issue or not my concern about windows defender task scheduler 1st 3 task: windows defender maintenance windows defender cleanup windows defender scheduler scan not ran since I updated tues from 1909 to 2004 the verification scan ran thurs but the other 3 still saying 11/30/99 this task has not ran a scan yet

freakin out i had try to restart computer yesterday left computer idle thinking still will start to scan haven't i was told in

chat last night they will run sometime today

every time i go into a new windows update all 4 task gets reset then verification runs 1 day then i think the next day or so the other 3 tasks runs also whenever i restart computer if they 1 day reset itself or not working i restart and they eventually runso again not sure bug within windows 2004 that is making not run i do recall after i install windows 2004 on blue screen there was few boxes like location for an example to checkmark and i didn't checkmark any boxes i just hit continue or skip this part then i log in

the last scan windows defender scan was 14th when I was still on 1909 btw unless I do a manual scan i'm sure I might get that yellow triangle error in windows defender saying this hasn't scan like I did in the past

not sure what thread to put my question in but can somebody please look in their windows defender task scheduler and tell me if the 3 other task has ran or not since going into 2004

perhaps i should had checkmark 1 of boxes or if i need to roll back to 1909 since were working

I really hope somebody will reply and help me out, sorry if this is too long of an introduction of me ha

:)

y2jman, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Issues with Defender

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Defender

1. Issues with Defender - Similar Threads - Issues Defender

2. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  3. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  4. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  5. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  6. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  7. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  8. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Defender Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Issues: Hello,So, I am not sure how to go about fixing this, I have looked at other articles, tried running it all. Like I downloaded Malware bytes, detected no viruses. I tried going into settings and enabling stuff, still no luck. I just want to know what I could potentially do to...
  10. Windows Defender Issues

Windows Defender Issues: Hello,So, I am not sure how to go about fixing this, I have looked at other articles, tried running it all. Like I downloaded Malware bytes, detected no viruses. I tried going into settings and enabling stuff, still no luck. I just want to know what I could potentially do to...