Windows 10: Issues with different updates on Windows 11.

Discus and support Issues with different updates on Windows 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently gotten a new computer with Windows 11 installed, and when I go install a game I get told I should sign into the Microsoft Store. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SaltyRockCandy, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Issues with different updates on Windows 11.

Hi, I've recently gotten a new computer with Windows 11 installed, and when I go install a game I get told I should sign into the Microsoft Store. I open it up and get greeted with a message that says "Microsoft Store couldn't update. Something happened and we couldn't complete the update. The error code is 0x80070002, in case you need it." I've looked online and the fixes that people recommend such as signing out and back into my account, restarting my computer and changing my time/ time zone and unfortunately they did not work, I can still proceed into the homepage and look up different appl

:)

SaltyRockCandy, Jun 23, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Jun 23, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Issues with different updates on Windows 11.

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Issues with different updates on Windows 11.

1. Issues with different updates on Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Issues different updates

2. Windows 11 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Issues: Hello,I am trying to update my system to Windows 11 however am encountering multiple errors.Attempted to create windows installation media via disk image with Rufus. Created as GPT and have BIOS in UEFI mode however the USB media is not recognised in the BIOS cannot select it...
  3. Windows 11 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Issues: Hi,I updated to windows 11 recently and my computer is having all kinds of update problems now. I am unable to perform any windows updates and many of the updates I need are security specific or functionally important i.e. bluetooth, audio, display. I tried to run the...
  4. Issues with different updates on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with different updates on Windows 11.: Hi, I've recently gotten a new computer with Windows 11 installed, and when I go install a game I get told I should sign into the Microsoft Store. I open it up and get greeted with a message that says "Microsoft Store couldn't update. Something happened and we couldn't...
  5. Windows 11 update update issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update update issues: Earlier i tried to run a troubleshoot for windows update, after it finish it says promblems found, i tried a few step but all of them didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-update-issues/3c5906ea-d5ae-44aa-9c8d-6dc8abd637e3
  6. Windows 11 update update issues

Windows 11 update update issues: Earlier i tried to run a troubleshoot for windows update, after it finish it says promblems found, i tried a few step but all of them didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-update-issues/3c5906ea-d5ae-44aa-9c8d-6dc8abd637e3
  7. Windows 11 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, I just managed to get Windows 11 installed onto my laptop after it got uninstalled as it put me into a "Choose an option" screen - which gave me the option to continue or troubleshoot. The result was having to uninstall it and reinstall it - which...
  8. Windows 11 update issue

Windows 11 update issue: I have two asus S510uq laptop and one got win 11 about 2 weeks ago while other one still have nothing. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-issue/92786708-ab08-45fa-a9de-cf5013d6bf60
  9. issue with windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    issue with windows 11 update: Hi MicrosoftI just bougth a Surface Laptop 4 13,5" AMD one month ago and in currently used the windows 10 home. But why haven't I received the update notification to windows 11 until now?please help me!thank you...
  10. Window 11 update issue

Window 11 update issue: Hi Team,kindly request you please check why I'm not getting window 11 updated but we have to show for window 11 update.I am using the currently window 10 64bit. My laptop:- ASUS TUF 17Model No.:- FA706IRequest you please check & resolve asap....