Windows 10: Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.

Discus and support Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First of all hello, i am writing here with the hopes of receiving help as my drive is having issues, I will try to be as detailed as possible here: One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Falte69, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Falte69 Win User

Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.

First of all hello, i am writing here with the hopes of receiving help as my drive is having issues, I will try to be as detailed as possible here:
    One day I shutdown my PC with the generic "shutdown" button, but then my PC keeps on running with a black screen, the keyboard still lit up, fans on.
    And from that day forward I had to force shutdown my PC everytime, BUT when I do that , it shows me these two lines along the lines of:
    "Scanning and repairing drive C, which conveniently is the drive where my operating system is located, I dig in further, I go in to Control panel > Security and Maintenece > Maintenence. On that window of "Maintenence" it states that I should "Restart to repair drive errors Important, but when I do, it still shows me the "Scanning and repairing drive C" upon reboot, i dig deeper, i go This PC > Properties > Tools > Check . When i press check it says that it has found errors on my drive, but then it states that "Windows cant repair the drive while its running", then gives me 2 options "Repair on next restart" "Repair and restart now" Regardless of which one i choose it STILL has the errors on the drive, gives me the same "Scanning and repairing drive C".
    I have no idea how to fix this, and i dearly ask for your help.
    Does this mean my PC's SSD is dying soon? I thank you for your help in advance

:)

Falte69, Jan 10, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 10, 2021
  3. PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.

Unsafe shutdown count goes higher everytime I shutdown the PC normally

I'm using HD Tune Pro and CrystalDiskInfo to monitor the health of my hard drive because it's important to me.

Today I saw that the value of "Unsafe shutdown count" in HD Tune Pro is pretty high, even higher than the Power-off cycle value. Which is strange and doesn't make any sense because Power-off cycle represents how many times you've powered on and off the PC during the entire lifespan of the drive, according to Wikipedia:

Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime. [​IMG]

What? I've shutdown the PC unsafely more times than I have ever turned it on/off?

Here's a screenshot of HD Tune Pro's S.M.A.R.T. statistics about my drive:

Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime. [​IMG]

As you can see everything seems fine, except that Unsafe shutdowns value.

After I saw the ridiculously high value I powered-off the PC like I always do - using the Power button in the Start menu and clicking Shut down, and then powered it on again to see if anything will change.

And it did. The Power-off cycle rose up by 1, which is normal, but Unsafe Shutdowns value also rose up by 1.
    I powered off the computer completely normally, so that should not have happened.

There have been unsafe shutdowns in the past, due to sudden power offs, but that was only a few times. Not every time I turn off the PC.

In CrystalDiskInfo "Unsafe shutdown count" is under a different name - Power-off retract count.
    The current and worst values there are the same as in HD Tune Pro, but the Raw value doesn't make any sense. See here:

The Load cycle count in HD Tuner Pro is the same as Unsafe shutdowns, I don't know if that means something. Just wanted to mention it.

Load cycle means:

So, any ideas on why this is happening? The drive is old, so is it possible for it to be giving false information?
    At least it's condition for now is Good, according to CDI and HD Tune. Unsafe shutdowns is not a critical value, but still it's strange that this is happening.

BicycleRow, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.

1. Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime. - Similar Threads - Issues drive accumulate

2. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  3. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  4. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  5. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is forcing windows 11 on me: so ive been on windows 11 and find it uncomfortable now my pc is forcing me to go to windows 11 idk what to rly do now i need help to stay on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-forcing-windows-11-on-me/bcd3d71c-1c91-43bf-9708-12ca5d32a6af
  6. My pc is forcing windows 11 on me

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  8. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  9. Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.: Hi, I tried installing a new language pack and it asked to restart PC. It went to "windows preparing, please do not turn off" screen and it was taking too long, so i shut it down. After booting again i found that my HDD is gone, all the desktop shotcuts are not working. It...
  10. Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime: I've somewhat recently ran into this problem on my Windows 10 machine. Every time I boot up Task Manager and want to close it (using the X button), Task Manager crashes and I have to force quit it. It's not a major concern, but it does annoy me and lose me a few seconds each...