Windows 10: Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004

Discus and support Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC with an ASUS motherboard which has an Intel 82579V ethernet adapter integrated to it. After I updated WIN 10 to version 2004 2020 update I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NFVOH, Aug 2, 2020.

1. NFVOH Win User

Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004

I have a PC with an ASUS motherboard which has an Intel 82579V ethernet adapter integrated to it. After I updated WIN 10 to version 2004 2020 update I started having problems with this adapter.

- Connection is good after I turn on the computer.

- If computer stays inactive for some time and goes to sleep, when I try to work on it again, the internet connection is lost and I cannot even find the "adapter"anymore sometimes actually comes back normally but not most of the times.

- The only way I can make it work again is if I restart the computer. Then the adapter is "present" again and connection goes back to normal and internet access is available until the next sleep or so.

I remember I had this same issue a few years ago in another WIN 10 update, but I do not remember exactly what I had to do in order for the problem to be fixed.

I did some research on the internet and noticed that I am not the only one with this ethernet adapter having this same type of issues, but I could not find any solutions for it yet.

I would like to know if any one knows if a solution for this issue has been developed already or is to come soon or if it is only my lack of knowledge.

I appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks.

:)

NFVOH, Aug 2, 2020

2. Win 10 will not load intel network driver 82579V

After upgrading from Win7 to Win10, the Intel driver 82579V cannot install automat. when starting the PC.

Win10 is loading the wrong Intel Network driver 82579LM instead of 82579V.

I allready contact to my Mainboard Supplier Asus and also to Intel to find a solution.

Asus and Intel know this Problem, is coming from Windows.

The Problem can only disappear by by doing an manual driver update from a list in the device manager. After this Win 10 is detecting the correct driver. By starting the PC again, the problem with the wrong driver returns. That means by starting the PC allways
    the driver has to installed manually from the driver list in the device manager.

I think there is a bug by loading the correct driver.

Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth P67

Network adaptor: 82579V

Driver: From Win 10

Add. driver: try to run the Intel driver version from 22.10 - 24.5.0.0. with no positiv result.

DirkKuxhausen, Aug 2, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004 install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004 pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004 select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004 Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004

Issue with Ethernet adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you answer the following question:

• Are you getting any error message with Ethernet adapter?
    • Please provide me the make and model of your computer.
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter.

Network Troubleshooter

Follow the steps provided below to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall Ethernet driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Click View on the Menu bar and select Show hidden devices.

• Locate Network Adapter and expand the same.

• Right-click on Ethernet adapter
      and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest network drivers from the manufacturer website and run in compatibility mode.

Please refer the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: applies to windows 10 as well.

Please refer the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: applies to windows 10 as well.

Get back to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004

1. Issues with ethernet network 82579V adapter after upgrading to WIN 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - Issues ethernet network

2. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  3. NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NETWORK ADAPTER ISSUE - Ethernet connection detection issue.: Hello all,My Laptop couldn't detect ethernet connection, when i checked with device manager, there's an error CODE 56. It hasn't resolved even after updating the drivers and downloaded and installled the driver from the manufacturer site but still issue hasn't resolved.Any...
  4. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  5. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  6. Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10; Version 2004 Ethernet connection issues: Since updating to Windows 10; ver 2004.... I have been experiencing ethernet connection issues. I cannot Roll back as the time has expired...and I think I updated in July. Ethernet Hardware is Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller At first when coming out of sleep the...
  7. Upgrade win 10 1909 to version 2004

Upgrade win 10 1909 to version 2004: Hi, I tried updating my win 10 64bit enterprise editiondelivered with my MSDN subscription, I get Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working....... I saw a thread at...
  8. Windows 10 Version 2004 - Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection not immediately loading...

Windows 10 Version 2004 - Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection not immediately loading...: I was initially running Windows 10 Pro version 1909, on a custom built rig, with Gigabyte X79-UD3 rev 1.0 motherboard, which has the onboard Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection, connected via wired ethernet. Everything worked as expected with regards to the Ethernet...
  9. issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004

issues upgrading to windows 10 version 2004: I encountered issues when upgrading my system to windows 10 version 2004. After installing the windows update, my system restarted. After restart, the system locked up with hitmanpro in the removing malicious software screen. Microsoft edge, and outlook, also were locked...
  10. Win 10 will not load intel network driver 82579V

Win 10 will not load intel network driver 82579V: After upgrading from Win7 to Win10, the Intel driver 82579V cannot install automat. when starting the PC. Win10 is loading the wrong Intel Network driver 82579LM instead of 82579V. I allready contact to my Mainboard Supplier Asus and also to Intel to find a solution. Asus...