Windows 10: Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting

Discus and support Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. Been having an on/off issue with USB devices connecting/reconnecting constantly, but only when playing in exclusive fullscreen mode. It's gone from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigGirthyBob, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting

Hi. Been having an on/off issue with USB devices connecting/reconnecting constantly, but only when playing in exclusive fullscreen mode. It's gone from being an on/off issue to a constant one (but still only ever when using fullscreen apps/games) since I installed the new AMD chipset drivers yesterday.

I've tried all the usual business of stopping all USB Root Hubs and ports from going into low power mode, and stopped any kind of power saving in my Windows power plan options, but still no dice.

Has anyone else been suffering with this? And has anyone managed to find a fix for this yet? It's kind of annoying, needless to say!

submitted by /u/BigGirthyBob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigGirthyBob, Oct 20, 2020
  2. novaforce Win User

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

I turned off Power Management but no luck. As for the Resources tab in Device Manager, it's not showing up for my network adapter. I tried reinstalling it and updating it but it's not showing up.

Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting [​IMG]

novaforce, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Kyle Win User
    USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Hey guys.

I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue in a way that is most helpful, but for some reason, my USB devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting..in some instances my USB connection for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my Microsoft SideWinder X6 keyboard will disconnect, but my SideWinder X8 mouse and other USB devices remain unaffected.. Event Viewer doesn't have much data to help with as far as logs either. I have tried to reinstall the USB controller but didn't help.

More specifically my PdaNet+ keeps losing USB connection to my phone which is odd because the cable I am using is a Belkin 3m microUSB data/sync cable for my phone. It is connected to one of the ports at the back of my system. I'd like to note that this issue wasn't happening yesterday, but has been throughout this week but on and off.

Event Viewer Logs for Applications: Attachment 121692

Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting [​IMG]

4. sygnus21 Win User

Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

You seem to have a number of issues going on with your PC that you might take a look at that motherboard.

Anyway it would help if NerdSquardMember expanded on their suggestion. That said, it may not be an IRQ conflict. However, you can easily check your network adapter by simply going to Device Manager and right clicking the adapter, then clicking Properties, then click Resources...

If there is a conflict, it will be shown

You might also go to the Power Management tab there and un-tick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Let us know if this helps.

sygnus21, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting

1. Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting - Similar Threads - Issues exclusive fullscreen

2. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  3. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB disconnect and reconnect issues: This has been a recent issue of mine where my headset, keyboard, mouse, and wifi adapter etc., will disconnect suddenly and reconnect a second later. Not sure if it is a Windows software issue or a hardware issue of mine. I thought I would come on here to ask as I am new to...
  4. USB disconnect and reconnect issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  6. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  7. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  8. Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!: I like to play Fortnite in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode and the way to test if you are in exclusive mode is to press the volume button while in game and if it shows on the screen then u are not in exclusive mode. Ik windows has made it difficult to get in exclusive mode but I've...
  9. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting: Hello everyone! Lately I've been experiencing a problem with my network adapter (and other USB devices along with it) disconnecting and reconnecting. And before anyone asks yes, I've searched whole internet upside down for answers and tried every possible fix that I could...
  10. USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting: Hey guys. I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue in a way that is most helpful, but for some reason, my USB devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting..in some instances my USB connection for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my Microsoft SideWinder X6 keyboard will...