Windows 10: Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

Discus and support Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem in file explorer when I am in light mode and highlight a file it shows all the information about file (ie) when and what time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeMcCaughan, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

Hi I have a problem in file explorer when I am in light mode and highlight a file it shows all the information about file (ie) when and what time it was downloaded, in dark mode if I highlight same file I cannot see information the writing is extremely hard to read. Can anyone please help thank you in advance.PS this always seems to happen after an update.

***Modified title from: folders***

:)

GeorgeMcCaughan, Feb 14, 2019

2. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got
    their File Explorer themed black, and i already updated it to version 1803 as they say it will works. But why my file explorer theme is still white even though its on version 1803 and already changed the theme to dark? Thank you.

Andrew Soe, Feb 14, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

Hi Johnsix95

Lots of users are looking for this option to be added to the October update, they like the dark theme on the Apps but not in Windows File Explorer, especially since the Explorer Dark Theme is flawed . ..

Hopefully Microsoft will give us the option to turn the Dark Theme off in Explorer individually, if enough users ask for that, press Windows key + F to open the Feedback hub and ask for that feature there, the developers monitor that feedback and will hopefully
    take note . . .

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

Dark Theme is not enabling in File Explorer

Hi Nil, that option i currently not available in Windows 10

Microsoft are working on giving us more theming options, in the large update later this year we will get those options, and that includes a dark theme for Windows File Explorer . . .

Here is the Microsoft Preview of that File Explorer theme:

Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update. ba28c750-6c8c-4abf-98d8-17449977f83d?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

1. Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update. - Similar Threads - Issues File explorer

2. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Theme Issues: Does anyone know of a fix to this issue with Dark Theme?After the latest 22H2 update I cannot seem to find a fix to this.Also, the color black seems to not be supported anymore?...
  3. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Theme Issues: Does anyone know of a fix to this issue with Dark Theme?After the latest 22H2 update I cannot seem to find a fix to this.Also, the color black seems to not be supported anymore?...
  4. Dark Theme Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

Keep Dark Theme File Explorer: Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as I like how it looks.Thanks!Evan :...
  6. File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird

File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird: When I change my "Default App Mode" in personalisation settings, File Explorer doesn't look like it should:[ATTACH] I seem to remember having a program at one point that changed how file explorer looked (Classic Shell) but I've uninstalled it. I've looked through my list of...
  7. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  8. Dark theme in windows explorer

Dark theme in windows explorer: What if I don't want dark theme only in windows explorer, but want it at every other place like windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-in-windows-explorer/ca44e3cb-f4aa-4f47-86cb-239d8e70bd6a
  9. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  10. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...