Windows 10: Issues with font distortion

Discus and support Issues with font distortion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! I just recently bought a cheap replacement laptop and having often bought love cost devices, I've never seen anything like how fonts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by uglyfont, May 19, 2017.

1. uglyfont Win User

Issues with font distortion

Hey guys!

I just recently bought a cheap replacement laptop and having often bought love cost devices, I've never seen anything like how fonts appear on my HP.

I've tried using the DPI tool but given the 15" size of my screen and the low quality of it in general, it doesn't seem to be that (unless I did something wrong?). I've tried changing resolutions but none of the options seem suitable either.

I'm only using Intel integrated graphics and had a mess around there too and nothing worked.

I've attached an image to give an example of what I mean and I would appreciate any help.

Issues with font distortion [​IMG]

:)

uglyfont, May 19, 2017
  2. EOAE Win User

Unreadable, garbled font in Windows 10 Metro UI

I did it!!! Increase you dpi scaling to 120% and fonts are readable again!!!!

3. Unreadable, garbled font in Windows 10 Metro UI

Posting again...

This is seriously a big issue for me. I can barely read anything on my start menu... All the inbuilt app fonts become distorted!

Ran an SFC scan which solved some issues apparently, but none that are noticeable. I still get fuzzy/unreadable/distorted/garbled text.

Help.

For screenshots, look at my other post :

Garbled text in Metro UI (Windows Start button) and MS Edge! Unreadable font!

jalaluddincdj, May 19, 2017
Thema:

Issues with font distortion

1. Issues with font distortion - Similar Threads - Issues font distortion

2. Distorted and scrambled and missing fonts on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distorted and scrambled and missing fonts on Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi All,I really need help! I don't want to re-image my laptop. I want to troubleshoot and fix the issue like in the old days.I have this distorted missing fonts in all my applications I use.At times when I hoover over the text with my mouse it rectifies itself.Troubleshooting...
  3. Distorted and scrambled and missing fonts on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Distorted and scrambled and missing fonts on Windows 10 Enterprise: Hi All,I really need help! I don't want to re-image my laptop. I want to troubleshoot and fix the issue like in the old days.I have this distorted missing fonts in all my applications I use.At times when I hoover over the text with my mouse it rectifies itself.Troubleshooting...
  4. Distorted Screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distorted Screen issue: This is what my laptop screen looks like. The screen looks okay after turning on, then just 5-10 mins after, it keeps showing like this. Whenever I keep it in sleep for 3-4 mins and turn on again, it looks completely fine. Then again does the same thing. I have tried all...
  5. Distorted Screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distorted Screen issue: This is what my laptop screen looks like. The screen looks okay after turning on, then just 5-10 mins after, it keeps showing like this. Whenever I keep it in sleep for 3-4 mins and turn on again, it looks completely fine. Then again does the same thing. I have tried all...
  6. Distorted Screen issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Distorted font in Word Office

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted font in Word Office: My font in Word Office is distorted. I currently have the 2019 version installed, but I've tried other versions and the font is the same in them also. I tried opening a text in WordPad, and the font is okay there. Note: I also have some text rendering issues in the entire...
  8. Distorted/blurry fonts/text on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted/blurry fonts/text on Windows 10: Hello, I recently bought a new Asus x509ja laptop, installed Windows 10, but I'm facing a very bad font/text rendering all around blurry, vertically distorted etc.. From my online research I've found out this is a common issue with Windows 10. I'm a translator so I'll be...
  9. Distorted fonts in all MS applications Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Distorted fonts in all MS applications Windows 10: For the past few weeks, all fonts in ALL MS products look somewhat distorted. All applications have been uninstalled and reinstalled but that exercise did not help. 1st jpg is from the device with the issue. [ATTACH] the next jpg is from a 2nd device without the issue...
  10. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...