Windows 10: Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.

Discus and support Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A couple of updates ago, I can’t recall which one, I noticed display problems with some default Windows apps. Icons and buttons won’t display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OurIntrepidHero, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.

A couple of updates ago, I can’t recall which one, I noticed display problems with some default Windows apps. Icons and buttons won’t display properly. When I move my cursor over them, the background color will change, and sometimes the wrong icon/text will pop up. This has made Calculator unusable (see image below):

Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps. 850f55ab-93a0-474c-94bc-99eea81a8a53?upload=true.png

It crops up in other apps as well (see image of Calendar below):

Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps. 49fef52a-2bc5-4bba-a834-1bad4d8b7c51?upload=true.png

I had a very similar problem with Office 365 a while back where the menu banners were not displaying properly. It was solved remotely by technical support, but I have no idea what they did.

How can I correct this? Thank you in advance.

:)

OurIntrepidHero, Mar 26, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 Make icons/font bigger

Hi guys,

I have the Zoltac ZBOX-AD04 PLUS connected through HDMI with a 32"inch TV and i can't see the icons/font at my bed. I want the icons/font bigger.

rk3066, Mar 26, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.

Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.

1. Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps. - Similar Threads - Issues fonts icons

2. Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Button icons in apps are displayed as a Chinese character: I have recently upgraded my win10 from 1909 to 22H2, and installed apps like PowerToys and Apple Music, in which some button icons are displayed as a Chinese character. I assume this is a system issue and has to do with missing fonts or certain icons?Thanks....
  3. Font Issues on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Issues on Windows: Hello. I am having a font issue on my laptop, which is running on Windows 11. Out of nowhere, my font seems to have switched to Impact probably the ugliest font for my computer to be glitching to on certain sites. I'm assuming this is happening where there is no specific font...
  4. Font Issues on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Issues on Windows: Hello. I am having a font issue on my laptop, which is running on Windows 11. Out of nowhere, my font seems to have switched to Impact probably the ugliest font for my computer to be glitching to on certain sites. I'm assuming this is happening where there is no specific font...
  5. fonts & icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    fonts & icons: hw do I change the colour of fonts & icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-icons/87631e5c-889c-4a71-a5ff-ef6ff2415abe
  6. Windows: Font and App Fonts

Windows: Font and App Fonts: One day I noticed that my Windows Font got synced to other apps such as Google Chrome and Discord, this makes the apps look weird as they aren't designed with this "new font", I reset my font back to the default, even restoring default font settings in Control Panel. Ive...
  7. win+tab desktop icon font color issue

in Windows 10 Support
    win+tab desktop icon font color issue: before i press win+tab, my desktop shortcut's color is black after i press win+tab and turn back to desktop, my desktop shortcut's color is not black [img] * [img] i must restart computer or restart explorer to change font color back to normal is there a way to fix it?...
  8. Fonts and Icons

Fonts and Icons: Past couple days my display settings have been going haywire. At first I thought it was because of me plugging my TV into my desktop but now other issues have arisen. First my taskbar wouldnt go away in fullscreen for games or videos. Fixed that. Then icon spacing randomly...
  9. apps and icons issue

apps and icons issue: The icons on the desktop went blank and I can’t open the apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-icons-issue/0912309c-f12d-4faf-9d59-66abdfb1709f
  10. Windows 10 font issue on specific apps

Windows 10 font issue on specific apps: Hello guys, I have observed issues with fonts of VMware Workstation and Google Chrome when i browse to Wikipedia. This happened after i tried to fix the known windows 10 font issue after upgrade by trying to modify the registry. Is there any way to restore the fonts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 issue with radio buttons with fonts that don not fit