Windows 10: Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game

Discus and support Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like to record clips from my gameplay, however I often have issues with the audio capture (also unsure if I should've use audio flair?). It records... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johnnnybravado, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game

I like to record clips from my gameplay, however I often have issues with the audio capture (also unsure if I should've use audio flair?).

It records gameplay audio and my mic, but I cannot hear in-game chat. I do know that it's possible though, because I DID successfully record in-game chat but it didn't record my mic, and then after some fiddling it recorded everything!! That lasted that gaming session, next session no audio was recording, seems it couldn't see my active audio devices. Restarted PC, and I'm back to only hearing myself and gameplay.

Any insight on this? Or insight for shadowplay same issues?

submitted by /u/johnnnybravado
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/johnnnybravado, Aug 31, 2020

2. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game

Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue is caused when the recording doesn’t end correctly. Normally when this happens you will need to restart the Game bar to fix the problem.

However, if restarting the Game bar doesn’t fix this issue, we can try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open
      Task Manager.
    3. In Task Manager, click on more details.
    4. From the list of running processes, look for
      Broadcast bar server
      (bcastdvr.exe), right click on it and select
      End task
    5. Restart your game and Game bar and try recording games.

You can also try updating Display drivers form Device manager to make sure the latest version of Display drivers are installed on the computer. To update the Display drivers, please follow the steps mentioned in the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

For additional information, you can refer the article:
    Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game

1. Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game - Similar Threads - Issues Game Bar

2. XBox game bar recording issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox game bar recording issue: The options are non-interactable. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording-issue/5f092176-331c-41ca-8832-0360ff3f3b7a
  3. XBox game bar recording issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox game bar recording issue: The options are non-interactable. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording-issue/5f092176-331c-41ca-8832-0360ff3f3b7a
  4. game bar recorder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game bar recorder: when I record a game with game bar the record isn't in full screen how to fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recorder/2ac90bf0-b3a6-4984-92aa-5500d3956916
  5. Screen record issues Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen record issues Game Bar: Hi, I have tried to record my screen today using the game bar and received the following error message 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057 I needed to record the screen while a video played on a web page open with google chrome. Ive done this before without issue....
  6. Recording with XBox Game Bar issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recording with XBox Game Bar issues: [ATTACH] Anytime I record with Xbox game bar and then import the footage into Davinci Resolve I get this mess, if I record with any other software I don't have any issues, but I would prefer to use game bar because it actually uses less resources. Specs: CPU: AMD 5900x...
  7. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar Recording: Is there a way to remove only a voiceover but leave the game sound once the video is already recorded? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Cesarone11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrm6lh/game_bar_recording/
  8. Xbox game bar recording issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar recording issue: Hello, I've had a recent issue with recording with xbox game bar, mainly with the game Geometry Dash. I don't know why or how it exactly happened, but it's been a week now since I've had it. When I try recording using the shortcut Alt+win+R on fullscreen mode, the recording...
  9. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar Recording: A few days ago I recorded my screen using the game bar. Today I went to record and the settings said my computer didn't meet the hardware requirements. I downloaded an app and the screen record feature didn't work either. The app and gamebar recorder worked on my other...
  10. Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Recording: Game recording makes the screen and resulting video stutter - any way to stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-recording/38f7184c-8392-426b-b5ce-901c7450793f